Cindy McCain is a Drift Racer!

Talk about anything in here.

Cindy McCain is a Drift Racer!

Postby That Dude » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Though I personally don't support either McCain or Obama, I saw this http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/e60/news/story?id=3571491&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos1 and thought that it was totally rad. She definitely gets some cool points with me.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Stephen » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 pm

In all seriousness, anything even remotely close to political debate gets this thread locked and someone backhanded.
Stephen

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:35 pm

IN BEFORE THE LOCk
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:38 pm

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Stephen » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Savannah you freak me out.
Stephen

Postby That Dude » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Me too!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 pm

Drift racing is possibly one of the few sports that I could get into if I had more cash and wasn't chicken.
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:21 am

Sakaki Onsei (post: 1260651) wrote:Drift racing is possibly one of the few sports that I could get into if I had more cash and wasn't chicken.

Somebody needs to invent go-kart drift racing.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:37 am

I say to save this thread we turn it into a thread discussing drift racing.

With all that said, discuss, please. :D

Personally, I don't think I'd ever try it...
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:47 am

Too expensive for me. There's also the "I could crash this expensively modified car at any moment" thing . . . Then there's also that I drive an underpowered (if efficient) front-drive car. There's also the requirement for a suitable racing space and all that.

Face it, for nearly all of us, drift racing's best done on a screen.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Raiden no Kishi

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:15 am

Ah, didn't think of that at the moment. It's fun to do on Mario Kart Double Dash!!, you know? :D

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby EricTheFred » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:23 am

I would pay big money for Go-Kart Drift Racing. Either RL or on the Wii.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:42 am

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1260672) wrote:Somebody needs to invent go-kart drift racing.

.rai//

Actually, karts drift naturally on indoor tracks... its how you maintain speed and torque while steering on them. I've never driven on the outdoor tracks in one with enough guts to say the same but I suspect if there's enough umph to the cart its true as well.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:21 am

Hehehe... I love her tooo X3
Drift Racing=LOOKS FUN!

She also does a LOT of humanitarian work...which is awesome..

She and her husband are also Nascar fans 8D They were at a race a coupel of weeks ago and said a few words before it. Whee!

Sarah Palin's Husband is also a professional Snow Machine racer too.. I hear that is BRUTAL. It's like days and nights of non-stop racing on those things in the Alaskan Winters.

Crazy...craaaaaazy
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Snow machine racing? o_o Imagine all the obstacles...trees, rocks, ice, biting winds, more trees...

Ouch.

AsianBlossom

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Drifting looks really fun, but I'm chicken.. So, that's a big NO for me ^__^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:18 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1260696) wrote:Actually, karts drift naturally on indoor tracks... its how you maintain speed and torque while steering on them. I've never driven on the outdoor tracks in one with enough guts to say the same but I suspect if there's enough umph to the cart its true as well.

That's true, I have been able to get some drift out of one on an indoor track. All a matter of torque overcoming tire friction. Never seen an actual drift kart competition, though. That would be loads of fun. I imagine very twisty tracks, like the parking garage race from Tokyo Drift (shut up, I watched it for the cars). Given the light weight and short wheelbases of go-karts, this would make sense and also provide for a more entertaining event.

Of course, if you live in a climate that supports it, ice racing is a less tire-abusive (although it may be more car-abusive if you're not careful XD) way to get your sideways (and I do mean sideways) kicks. 'S crazy.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

Raiden no Kishi

Return to General