Collegian Anamolies

Talk about anything in here.

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Oh, we also have a monument to gravity on campus for some unknown reason. Like, it's a monument dedicated to gravity, XD. It also has some serious grammar issues.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Peanut » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:08 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1257806) wrote:Oh, we also have a monument to gravity on campus for some unknown reason. Like, it's a monument dedicated to gravity, XD. It also has some serious grammar issues.

...wow...and I thought my school threw money away on random things...

Oh that reminds me...right outside of our schools library and Chartwells there is a putting green...the fact that we have one is no anomaly (our Golf team owns...) however the fact that it's right outside of the library is...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby oro! » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:12 pm

So far, I haven't really discovered any anomalies, but my campus is big enough to have a few. The craziest thing around here is the people. People act so strangely funny. Like the watermelon duo the other day. I swear they ate like eight slices of watermelon each(and these were big slices). After the first round, the girls on my table were watching to see if they'd gotten any more, and they completed the set. It was pretty funny. Or there's the constant construction-they keep on tearing apart and repairing the road right by my dorm. You never know which section will be open next.
So yeah, quirky things and people, but no real mysteries come to mind.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby minakichan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:22 pm

Hmm...

One of the floors in one of the dorms at my school is nudist. They even have nude parties sometimes. I've heard that the people there aren't that attractive though.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Well, nudists rarely make good swimsuit models.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby rocklobster » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:37 am

Minakichan, I have one question: how can you walk in the Stata Center? It looks like it's impossible to navigate!
Well, here's two things about my Nicholls State University days that may or may not sound strange:
1. Long Hall, one of the dorms, has a so-called "quiet floor", where no loud noises are allowed. Can you study there? As if! The sound from the other floors wafts upward into the eighth. You're better off at the library.
2. The stray cats on campus are all used to us humans. I even saw some of them get tuna. I also heard that one of the students saw one of the cats outside her classroom window, listening attentively to the lecture. Hmmm...
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:33 am

We have a building on campus that houses all the employee related administration. Thing is, it must have been designed with the original purpose of being a torture chamber because it is scary as heck in there.
Alright, that was hyperbole, but it is still a horrible choice for an administration building. It originally was, and half still is, for utilities, and anyone who goes in is immediately greeted by a plaque dedicated to a student killed in a boiler explosion, concrete, exposed pipes, poor lighting, and elevators barely large enough for two people that some people have to duck to fit in. All the hallways are narrow, two people wide maybe, have no windows, low ceilings cluttered with pipes, even on the top floors, and the staircases and elevators are hidden, and many are one way. I'm not claustrophobic, but that building makes me so. If the folks who work in there see anyone unfamiliar, they automatically ask you if you are lost. Always.

Also, we have a prized library that's on all our brochures. It's sinking at a rate of about two feet per year. Why? Turns out the architects forgot to factor in the weight of the books during the engineering process. Books in a library? How novel! *ba boom chish*
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Previous

Return to General