Rock You Like A Tropical Cyclone!

Talk about anything in here.

Rock You Like A Tropical Cyclone!

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:24 am

Hello everyone!

As you probably know, Louisiana got tackleglomped by Hurricane Gustav harder than Vic Mignogna at Sakura Con. But the end result was far less pleasant. While New Orleans was spared, my home town, Baton Rouge, and surrounding parishes (counties) were hit and hit hard. Thankfully, my house was not damaged, but thousands of others wern't so lucky, and most of the state is still without power, my house included.

I was just wondering if any of my other Louisiana brothers and sisters were hit, and also if Gustav reared it's ugly head in anybody else state.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby NekoChan_C » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 am

Thank God that your home was okay!! I'm in Florida, so we are always anxiously watching the hurricane tracks to see where they will make landfall... I have been praying for safety for the gulf coast alot lately, and as there are several more storm systems out there, I will continue to pray...

You know, other than the destruction... hurricanes are kinda fun. *covers head and guards against attacks* I mean... if you tend to like storms and wind and lots and lots of rain... >_> ... which I do... <_<
http://myspace.com/shura_no_hana
XBox Gamertag: NekoChan Cruz
PSN Gamer ID: Neko no Ichi
http://neko-chan-cruz.livejournal.com/
NekoChan_C

Postby Kurama » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:08 am

*is in Florida as well* I was so worried about that hurricane. *HATES THEM, SHE DOES*

I am glad you are alright. I'll pray for the less fortunate ones.

:) :hug:

Your so badly flooded are you? Its really bad down here. O_O

And I understand how Hurricanes could be fun!
Its awesome walking outside in the middle of one, looking up and see that its perfectly blue sky...turns out its the eye of the storm. *thumbs up* Yesh, I love doing that. xD
Kurama

Postby Sheenar » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:35 am

I live in southeast Texas, so Gustav didn't do anything here and thankfully Orange, TX was spared another bad hurricane (Rita did really bad damage) --several of my friends are from there.

My family is from New Orleans, so it's good that the city was spared.

Do you know if anybody was hurt? As long as people are alive, it's okay --you can rebuild and move on (like the people of Galveston did after the 1900 hurricane).
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:43 am

Glad to hear everything is mostly OK on your end. The end results of tackleglomps aren't so pleasant, though. Man, those things can hurt!
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ADXC » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Well that's good, it would have been horrible if it really messed up New Orleans again. That'd be just a plain slap in the face!

But we here on the east coast have to worry about Hanna(Not too threating.), Ike(Possibly really bad, but it could lighten up.) and following that there is Josephine.
ADXC

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:53 pm

We has rain over here \o.o/

Not sure if that's the cause of the hurricane, though o.O We really needed it ;____;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Update: the call center I work in just went back on main power not more than 10 minutes ago. I don't have to use the freaking stairs anymore!!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Return to General