NDK 2008 Attendees - Come to my VG Testing Panel

Talk about anything in here.

NDK 2008 Attendees - Come to my VG Testing Panel

Postby Saint Kevin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:06 am

Hey guys, it's not often that I do a shameless plug on CAA, but here goes. If you're going to Nan Desu Kan '08 on Sept 12-14 (Colorado's anime convention), feel free to come to my panel about video game testing.

Also, please pray for me. I wanted to do this panel to start a conversation with gamers at the convention, hopefully with the opportunity to share the gospel with a few of them. Pray that God leads the right people to me in this regard, and that their hearts are open to His truth, and that God gives me the right words and spirit, and that I can show love to these people.

It has been my experience in testing video games for the past 2 years that many of the people that are working as video game testers or wish they were are people to whom videogames have become an idol (I confess this was true as one point in my life as well). The pursuit of pleasure and entertainment (in the form of video games, anime, or both) is an idol in the lives of many an anime convention attendee. I just pray that God will use me there next weekend, and I humbly ask for your prayers, both for me and for those God will bring across my path.

Also, please pray for my coworkers that test video games alongside me. So many of them seem to have deep hurts and insecurities, and they feel almost cold, like they haven't either given or received much love in their lives. Certainly they need to know God's love for them, and I pray that cuts through the cynicism and bitterness and bad experiences with "Christians" that they know from their past or from the media.

Thank you.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Sakaki Onsei » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:15 am

Hey, since you're gonna be at NDK, if you ever get a chance to talk to a guy who goes by the nickname "Kyaa The Catlord", do so. He's a great guy. He may be spending a lot of time in the live action room.

If you see him, tell him that Sakaki says hi, tell him you're friends with "sailorrepublica" and that you were sent by me to destroy him. He'll know who he's talking about. If he questions you, tell him - Livejournal.
Hiyakawa Sayaka (my character from my writing) wrote:God has given me a gift, that I really don't know what to do with. I guess, all I can do is put it in his hands, keep my hands inside the car, and expect to end up destroying parts of Tokyo with my perfectly good guitar.

Revelation 1:10-11: I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, [color="Red"]"Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches to Ephesus and to Smyrna, and to Pergamum and to Theyatira, and at Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea."[/color]
Sakaki Onsei

Return to General