Im thinking of a gamecube

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby shooraijin » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:19 pm

Mac owners have a special reason to buy a GameCube (now that it's $99, I'm strongly considering one myself anyway):

http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/news/2002/0920_nintendo.html

Yes, the GameCube is a PowerPC, too. Support the revolution, etc.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby madphilb » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:42 pm

BrianC wrote:PS2 is probably a good choice, but I can't think of too many games worth getting for Xbox that aren't on PC (except maybe Jet Grind Radio Future). As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of Xbox at all and I'm 24 years old. PS2 does

I can think of one.... KotOR... but that's supposed to come to the PC as well (like Halo).

Acutally, it's the appearance of PC titles on the XBox that added to my long list of why I got one. Morrowind, Deus Ex 2, Theif 3.... though I think it was Halo that put the final nail in it for me :D (it's sooooo pretty!)

There are quite a few good looking things comming for the XBox in the near future, and Rare joining the ranks of XBox programmers, well, that made me feel warm all over, that or the blast of warm air from the A/C unit in the store that was malfunctioning.... LOL

The cube is a good choice at this point... the price is right, and there are quite a few good titles on that system. I'm tempted to drop cash on it myself, but I've go other things to worry about (and all those yummy titles being released for the Christmas rush).

PHIL
madphilb

Postby ZiP » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:23 pm

well dom,
i have to say
game cube games...
suck badly,
NO offense too all the game cube luvers but i think most of the game like mario and stuff are really bullcrap. ^_^
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:13 am

O_o

Ok, zip, whatever.

Twin Snakes is NOT going to suck...

1. MGS storyline
2. MGS2 graphics (only no jaggies)
3. MGS2+ Gameplay!

What's not to love? (oops, I am really going to bed now! Turning off computer now.... no, if I do that, I'll lose my post... Ok, in 5)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby BrianC » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:09 am

ZiP wrote:well dom,
i have to say
game cube games...
suck badly,
NO offense too all the game cube luvers but i think most of the game like mario and stuff are really bullcrap. ^_^

ZiP, thanks for your "intelligent" words. I suggest that you actually read up on and PLAY some games like Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX, or Zelda Wind Waker before stating an "opinion". Every system has games that suck badly, but they all have their good games too, even X-box.

BTW, I did take offense to that statment becuase it's uninformed and wrong. It stems from bias and lack of knowledge of the system.

Have you actually played a Mario game or are you bashing them becuase you think they are kids' games? Most of the Mario games have awesome gameplay. I think all that stuff about avoiding games becuase they are "kiddie" is bullcrap. I understand that you are entitled to an opinion, but the nature of your comments suggest that you haven't even played the games.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Postby Gypsy » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:36 am

Ok, each to his own in the nicest way possible, capiche? :eyebrow:

I love my GC, but mostly for the multiplayer games. My ps2 is for rpging ... and my xbox is making a lovely paperweight. :brow:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby madphilb » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:26 pm

Gypsy wrote:and my xbox is making a lovely paperweight. :brow:

Ok... Gypsy... .go out right now and pick up KotOR... make that Xbox a useful Paperweight.... :thumb:

PHIL
madphilb

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews