Im thinking of a gamecube

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Im thinking of a gamecube

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:06 pm

hello, i am thinking about getting a Gamecube cuz my cuz has it. <Haha, Cuz cuz, :lol: ya ya , anywaz, I play it all the time when im over @ their house. umm maybe a lil to much.. but , do yall think that its good? like does it have good graphics, etc,.?... PS2, i heard was like the best , but too much.. u know $$$. but ya..

Just give u know, give a lil advice.. lol. (im not good @ starting these threads.)
Dominique

Revelation 22:12- Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

Paper cranes are my friend... so is pastel stars

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby andyroo » Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:35 pm

Well, the GameCube has better graphics than the PS2. There alot of good games for the GameCube too (RPGs, fighters, adventure). If you have a GBA this would also be a good buy if you get the right games and an adapter cord.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:19 pm

Ya , now i defentlly wanna get it cuz i saw @ Hollywood Video , in the Crazy Games section , i saw Crazy Taxi on Gamecube and that is like my all time favorite game!! then Super Smash Brothers (which i always beat my cousin :grin: ) to me , i think Zelda, Lugui (did i spell his name right??), Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong, and Peach are really good.,.. :jump:
Dominique

Revelation 22:12- Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby Kenchii » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:20 pm

I was not really interested in the Nintendo Gamecube at all. Becuase I had a PS2. The reasons I was not interested in a GC because,

1. I dont have a GBA/adapter.
2. The games sucked (Melee was good)
3. It only plays GC games.

But Now...

I have to say GC is the 2ed Best system ever created!!

The Better Games -- Sooo many bettter games are coming out!!

- Starfox _ A 4 Player shooting 3ed person game you go in diffrent veichels, tanks, planes, and diffrent guns, with a great story line in story mode.

- MaroKart: Double Dash!! _ This is the best racing game. its 8 players, yes 8! you link up 2 gamecube systems/tvs and 2 characters ride on 1 cart! one thows items, other drives.

- Ultimate Muscle
- Custom Robo
- Viewtaful Joe
- Mario Party 5
- Splinter Cell

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:10 pm

well if you get a gc, definately take a look at getting the GC version of Soul Calibur 2, Crazy Taxi, and of course, Wind Waker. All are mostly worthy of your time.
Ashley

Postby inkhana » Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:29 pm

And Metroid Prime, if you like FPS games...:)

edit: Oh! And I wanna get F-Zero GX (just cuz I love high speed), and Miss C wants to get the new Harvest Moon game (guess who just became an HM junkie...;) LOL!)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:18 pm

Be patient, and Nintendo just might steal...erm buy each title that other systems had anyway. cough resident evil, hack cough. A PS2 is much more worth your time if you have interest in older PS1 games....which can be played on a PS2...opening a huge area of games you can pick up from your local EB. Just a thought.
Stephen

Postby madphilb » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:59 pm

Shatterheart wrote:A PS2 is much more worth your time if you have interest in older PS1 games....which can be played on a PS2...opening a huge area of games you can pick up from your local EB. Just a thought.

Or a $10 MadCat video switcher (if you don't have the AV Imputs for multiple systems) and a $20-40 Playstation system (either the original "PSX" or the newer PSOne) and you can play all those old games without having to fork over the $150-$170 for a new PS2.

Mind you, you lose the ability to play PS2 games, but it's still a cheap alternitive, and the original Playstation games aren't too horrible :grin:

PHIL
madphilb

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:12 am

Is a MadCat Video Switcher like switching games on the another consule? (Like PS2 to Gamecube, X-box to Gamecube???) but ya... My sister and i are totally up for it.
Dominique

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:33 am

inkhana wrote:[color=darkgreen] Miss C wants to get the new Harvest Moon game (guess who just became an HM junkie...]

*sighs an patiently waits for the release date*
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Retten » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:52 am

all i got to say about the game cube is that they are getting Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ! :dance: :thumb: :rock: and the game is multiplayer :grin: this would make them one of the best systems i know of

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby inkhana » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:47 pm

OH! Crystal Chronicles! I forgot about that one...;)

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:21 pm

FFCC for the cube ... and the bananas did rejoice! :dance:
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Jimmothy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:03 pm

FFCC rocks! :rock: :rock:
"Go with God's protection.....and hey, thanks for the apple"
Wolfwood
AIM: papervase
Jimmothy

Postby Christianotaku » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:17 pm

FFCC wil suxor cause the original creator of FF has left sqaure and the famous music maker is not making the music..It will be probably the worst FF in years.......THe truth its FF is dying

THe PS2 is better because it has much dating sims XDDDDDDDDd

/me piro-san
thats the way i see it
wesley useche aka. DJWeslo Thevidgod Christianotaku

oh really hehe knives hmhm
*starts burning down the board*
Christianotaku

Postby inkhana » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:23 pm

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we already cover that? I thought that was only a rumor (though I didn't/don't know about Nobuo Uematsu). Besides, what one person doesn't like, there's another person somewhere that will. I'm still going to look into it. Even if Mr. Nobuo left Square, there are other good composers, too.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby MasterDias » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:57 pm

Hironobu Sakaguchi hasn't left Square. He is working on other stuff currently and hasn't had anything to do with FF:CC except as the role of lead director and consultant. Akitoshi Kawazu(the creator of the Saga series and the head of Game Designer Studios) is doing Crystal Chronicles.

Secondly, while it's true Nobuo Uematsu isn't doing the music for FF:CC, he hasn't left Square either. Square-Enix has other great composers besides him and while he is one of the best, a game isn't going to be bad just because he isn't doing it. Kumi Tanioka, who also did the music for the online Final Fantasy XI, is composing the score so it should be interesting to see what he can do.

Anyway, I just found out that the game has been delayed until Febuary 9th, 2004.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:15 am

Don't forget Animal Crossing! And the Sonic games (I am not really into him but whatever).

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:17 pm

Nobou Uematsu is my all-time favorite composer (John Williams, James Horner, and Jerry Goldsmith are close second, third ... forth) - and I was pretty bummed when I heard he wasn't working on CC, but like MasterDias said - they're are many other good composers out there, and I'm sure that FFCC will have the same music feel to it as the other FFs. Even if it doesn't - that's ok, because the game will still be fun.

It got delayed? Well I feel like pouting now. I'll just have play FFX-2, Soul Caliber 2, and the new Harvest Moon until then - and that's far from a complaint.
Gypsy

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:24 pm

john Williams is my favorite.. (sry to change subject.. lol)
Dominique

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:14 pm

Any Danny Elfman fans in the house? I particularly liked his version of Mission: Impossible (one of the few redeeming features of the movie, especially to us fans of the original TV series).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby purplemoose » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:29 pm

i don't have any game systems except for a gameboy advanced and so i'm saving my pennies for a labtop then i'll buy a realy cheap t.v and probably a ps2 or gamecobe they have the best games

a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step
- chinese proverb
purplemoose

Postby cwp_otaku » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:05 pm

Why Cwp does not like game cubes. In no order whatso ever

1.They don't play Dvds
2.They're all purple
3.The games are targeted to younger kids
4.It's hard to get in your T.V. box, because it's a cube
5.Final Fantasy does not come out on it and when it does they ruin it
6.Your selection is limited to Nintendo games (Nothing against Mario)
7.You can't play past N64 games.
8.You most likely won't be able to play game cube games on the new sys.
9.They have a du,mb commercail
cwp_otaku

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:16 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Be patient, and Nintendo just might steal...erm buy each title that other systems had anyway. cough resident evil, hack cough. A PS2 is much more worth your time if you have interest in older PS1 games....which can be played on a PS2...opening a huge area of games you can pick up from your local EB. Just a thought.

Nintendo may get .hack? WoW... I'm gonna enter the mcdonalds contest and try to win a GC... And I'll Get metroid prime and then Twin Snakes, yeah! Well, I mean, if I win of course...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:48 pm

cwp_otaku wrote:Why Cwp does not like game cubes. In no order whatso ever

1.They don't play Dvds
2.They're all purple
3.The games are targeted to younger kids
4.It's hard to get in your T.V. box, because it's a cube
5.Final Fantasy does not come out on it and when it does they ruin it
6.Your selection is limited to Nintendo games (Nothing against Mario)
7.You can't play past N64 games.
8.You most likely won't be able to play game cube games on the new sys.
9.They have a du,mb commercail

Every has an opinion, so here's my take, I'm also bored.

1. I buy game consoles to play games, not movies. Beside, I already have five dvd players (2 on my main computer, 1 on my old one, xbox, and the good 'ol Apex, the hacker's dvd player.)
2. Personally, I'm sick of the purple remark. I gots me a black one.:)
3. Yes, it is limited to Twin Snakes, Resident Evil (insert a number), and Eternal Darkness and it does seem like it's target to a younger audience, but does a game really need a "M" rating to be fun?
4. I haven't had a problem with that, my xbox is another story
5. WHAT? NINTENDO RUIN FINAL FANTASY? I think not. Now, the PC might with FFXI.
6. I have 26 GC games and 16 of them are third party titles, but I think the maker of the system should make the games, cause they know how the system works.
7. Why do people want to play N64 game? Well, except for Ocarina of Time, but it was available on GC with Wind Waker. Mine complaint is: Why can't I play snes game on it? :)
8. Truthfully, I think you might be able to, seeing that we're all sticking with the dvd/cd format.
9. In my opinion, most video game commercial are lame
10. THE WAVEBIRD IS AWESOME!!!!!!! (just had to that throw that in to make it an even 10 :))

-this is only my two cents, though
Link Antilles

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:30 pm

Oh, and not just RE and Twin Snakes... Also Metroid Prime, what about that... Yeah, it's FPS, but I mean it's metroid... Prime target is nostalgic adults, even if it was a teen rating...

And, soul calibur was nice, even though I'm not a fighting game fan this particular one made me excited about a fighting game for the first time since ergheiz (and that was only exciting for cloud...) Wait, doesn't the PS2 version of SC have cloud in it? Hehehhe... Well, the GC version has link in it... Yeah, anyhow...

Crystal Chronicles doesn't look like it will be that good, but none of us have played it yet, so how will we really know?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:20 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Oh, and not just RE and Twin Snakes... Also Metroid Prime, what about that... Yeah, it's FPS, but I mean it's metroid... Prime target is nostalgic adults, even if it was a teen rating...

And, soul calibur was nice, even though I'm not a fighting game fan this particular one made me excited about a fighting game for the first time since ergheiz (and that was only exciting for cloud...) Wait, doesn't the PS2 version of SC have cloud in it? Hehehhe... Well, the GC version has link in it... Yeah, anyhow...

Crystal Chronicles doesn't look like it will be that good, but none of us have played it yet, so how will we really know?

Yeah, MP was a mix, but a few people I know complained that it wasn't bloody enough. I just asked them "why does it have to be bloody?" Their reply was "It's cooler that way."

No, the PS2 version has that Tekken dude, I can't spell his name.

True about CC, time will tell.
Link Antilles

Postby Rashiir » Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:32 am

If they made GC's in orange like the controllers, I would definitely get one.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Razgriz » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:42 pm

Link Antilles wrote:No, the PS2 version has that Tekken dude, I can't spell his name.

Heihachi Mishima, I don't like him as a character, we should've gotten someone from XS or something.
Razgriz

Postby BrianC » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:05 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Be patient, and Nintendo just might steal...erm buy each title that other systems had anyway. cough resident evil, hack cough. A PS2 is much more worth your time if you have interest in older PS1 games....which can be played on a PS2...opening a huge area of games you can pick up from your local EB. Just a thought.

I think you are being a bit unfair. Sony and Microsoft did their fair share of stealing too. Sony stole Grand Theft Auto (not that I care) and SEGA made Shenmue II X-Box only for the US AFTER saying it would be a Dreamcast exclusive becuase Microsoft paid them big bucks.

As far as backwards compatibility goes, the GBA tops PS2 with better compatibility for older games (though some GBC games are a bit dark, good lighting or the GBA SP can fix that problem. Some PSX games don't work right on PS2, but most GB/GBC games work fine on GBA). Also for $49.99, you can get the GBA player for GameCube that allows you to play the entire library of GB/GBC/GBA games on GameCube, with the exception of Kirby's Tilt and Tumble. I love PSX and it's games, but I heard that the backwards compatiblity, while cool, is not as reliable as the Game Boy Player/GBA backwards compatibility. Some PSX games don't work right on PS2.

Now is a good time to be getting a Cube. $99 for the system and Metroid Prime is now $29.99. I decided that I am getting one for Christmas and I chose Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX for my first games.

Metroid Prime becuase it's supposed to be huge with all of the elements that make the other Metroid games great plus some cool unlockables. F-Zero GX becuase I love F-Zero games and has tons of modes and unlockables. It even has some trademark cheesy voice acting that often appears in some SEGA games (or so I heard. It was actually designed by SEGA this time around).

PS2 is probably a good choice, but I can't think of too many games worth getting for Xbox that aren't on PC (except maybe Jet Grind Radio Future). As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of Xbox at all and I'm 24 years old. PS2 does have alot of good games and does outdo the GameCube variety wise. GameCube has the best first party support and has some killer games. GBA has excellent first and third party support and some killer games (sorry, I just had to mention it becuase I love this system).
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews