PS1 Emulation (on PS2) Fast Disc

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

PS1 Emulation (on PS2) Fast Disc

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:46 pm

I noticed when I first played the PS2 that there were special settings for the PS1 emulation. They were fast disc speed and smooth texture mapping... I decided to try them both out. I noticed something different right away, though I couldnt' place my finger on it. It didnt' hit me until I went into my first cut scene after making the change... The cut scene was playing at twice teh speed... I just thought it was bad acting at first, but Lisa was talking really fast, and... well, if you have any PS1 games with ingame cutscenes, try out the fast disc emulation... It's pretty funny...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Vyse » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:02 pm

Well its not complete emulation, the PS2 does have the main chip of the PS2, but some of it is emulation.

And lol yeah, fast loading doesn't always work right, though it does wonderders for Final Fantasy Anthology and Final Fantasy Chronocials.
Vyse

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews