Duel Masters...

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Duel Masters...

Postby Pantakrator » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:16 pm

Sorry guys,
I know it's not video games, but I didn't know where else to put it. Does anybody else play Duel Masters? I hear it's a rip-off of Yu-Gi-Oh... Having never played it (Yugi) though I wouldn't know. I like it. A heckuva lot more people play than ever played METW. Just so you guys know though, METW is the best CCG ever made! Nothing else come close.

Later...
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby Kenchii » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:06 pm

Aw crap, now my eyes are bleeding from seeing Dual Masters..

such a pathetic attempt to make money. I mean common, they look like Pokemon character reject thowen in, put some cards on the table and BAM! Money comes in from those poor, young, dumb, kids. Its soo bad... I mean... ahhg! *goes in corner and crys*

But I do have to say, maybe they have a good card game I never looked into it though, and I never will, but w/e.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Kawaii_Angel » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:28 am

I have seen the movie and my brother plays the card game,and I have to say its utter rubbish!
The show is a YuGiOh rip-off(I know,I watch the show...)
The card game is totally impossible, my dad couldn't even figure out how it works

"Tap the card to activate it, tap it and turn it sideways to attack.."
And so on,I've no clue on how anyone understands it!
So thats what I think!
Kawaii_Angel

Postby Pantakrator » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:26 am

Kawaii_Angel wrote:The card game is totally impossible, my dad couldn't even figure out how it works

"Tap the card to activate it, tap it and turn it sideways to attack.."
And so on,I've no clue on how anyone understands it!
So thats what I think!

OK, not to be rude, but you obviously don't play TCGs and CCGs. I thought DM was very simple to learn. Maybe it's cuz I mastered Middle Earth... BTW, why post your toughts if you can't even figure out how to play the game? I know I sound arrogant but please know about what your talking about before you dismiss it.
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby Saint » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:38 am

Never played it, only CCG i every really played was Magic:tg. I did see an episode of duel monsters and i enjoyed it a lot. sure its a take on all the Card/Collecting anime/games before it but it was pretty funny. I wouldn't mind looking into it.

I remember buying a starter for Middle Earth way back but none of my friends did so what was the point??? (it did seem somewhat limited just in the fact it had to stay faithful to the story, but later expansions could have changed it, i have no idea since i quit CCGs).
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Kawaii_Angel » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:13 am

Well I give you a lot of respect seeing as you actually figured out how to play it!I am simply refering to the fact that I think the instructions of the game could have been set out a little less complicated, thats all.I'm sorry if I offened anyone.
Kawaii_Angel

Postby skynes » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:33 pm

Duel Masters is a combination of Magic the gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh. Since I have learnt both YGH and MTG and know the rules of both fairly well I can see the mix.

Duel Masters: Play a creature upside down and use the number there to summon other creatures
MTG reference: Play a land and tap it to cast creatures.

Duel Masters: Tap creatures to attack
MTG: Tap creatures to attack

Lots of similarities (all made by the same company anyway. Wizards of the Coast)
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews