DC2: Infuriating Fish Race

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

DC2: Infuriating Fish Race

Postby kaji » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:51 am

I have to admit it.
I am just about to loose my head with these Fish and not winning the Finny Frenzy. I even began cooking the ones that lost, hoping to scare the other ones in to a steller performance. Needless to say this was invain.

My main problem is that Im sure there has to be a pattern to which type of personality my fish has and the tank I put them in before the race, with respects to the tank I put them into for the last race.

The only pattern I have found is when I lose a race, if I chose the tank I lost with in the last race first for the new set of races, I always win. But then what tank do I put them in next?

I gave up on this idea and tried to just feed my fish lots of food and make a "Super Fish". But this was almost intirely fruitless, though I noticed an increase in speed, if I were to pick the wrong tank, my fish would still loose.

Can it really just be totaly random? Is there a min stat to win all three heats?

Help. Anyone, please help.

Thanks.

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby kaji » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:53 am

Well, since I didnt get a reply from any one, I just spent the time to make a super fish and ditched the whole idea that there was a pattern to learn. It worked, I won, and no one really cares. Oh, well.

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby shooraijin » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:40 pm

Hey, man, *I* care. ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Omega Amen » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:55 pm

I did not notice this thread until now, kaji.

I love Dark Cloud 2, though I never really went into raising and racing fish. I just fished. Well, it seems like you figured out how to win these races. It is all about raising a high caliber fish.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby kaji » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:08 pm

Omega. Thats ok. I guess I was just hoping there was a greater stradegy to it all..
Oh well.

Hey did you ever discover the lure trick? What a great glitch, that kept my pockets full all the way through the end of the game. ^^

-kaji
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Omega Amen » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:12 pm

kaji wrote:Hey did you ever discover the lure trick? What a great glitch, that kept my pockets full all the way through the end of the game. ^^
Whoa, whoa, whoa.... There is a lure trick?!! I did not know that!!

I actually never had much luck with the lure....

You gotta tell me about this!!!
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby kaji » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Sure, sure. The trick is actually for getting tons of money.

To get this to work you must buy 2 of the same kind of lure. Equip the Lure Rod and one of the 2 lures. You must then go to the close view (check the status of the rod while it is equipped) and equip the other one of that lure. You will notice, it didn’t go any where, and the number of them didn’t change. That’s ok, just keep selecting it and picking Equip. Now if you check your lure on the rod, it will actual read two (or how ever many times you equipped the other one). You can keep doing this as many times as you want up to a max amount of 998 for each type. You can then sell then all off for a HUGE, HUGE, did I mention HUGE amount of money.

As far as fishing goes, just try to imagine how that lure would act. A frog would probably do a lot of hopping, for example. The only strange on is the Fork. It works just like the frog, but (as far as I know) can only be used to catch one fish. But one heck of a fish it is.

You can only catch this fish at one place, during one time of day and only with one lure. The Heima Rahda (I know I spelt that wrong) spring, between 6pm and 9pm and with the Fork. But even the smallest on yields over 300 points for your rod. You can also sell them for a little more than your other fish. ^^

Here is how you do it: Hit the spring at the time specified above. (You might want to actually have your line in the water before 6, as you really don’t have a lot of time.
Next, cast as far as you can and proceed to pull your line on one side a few times then on the other a few times, then reel it in a little. Basically the fork works like the frog lure. Example: left 3x on the analog stick, right 5x on the analog stick, then left 4x on the stick again, followed by reeling it in a little. Mix it up, as there is no correct amount of times to pull to either side.

Good luck, and DC2 Rules!!!

-kaji
- J. Hudson Taylor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews