PS2 Eyetoy

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

PS2 Eyetoy

Postby cbwing0 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:23 pm

Does anyone else own this seriously awesome new peripheral for the Playstation 2? I got it on Monday, and I like it. It is a little difficult to play in my room at night, because the lighting isn't the best, but I manage. :)

What is your favorite game? Mine is probably Kung-Foo or Boxing Chump, although I tend to get a little bit emotional (ok..I fly into a fit of rage, but that's beside the point :red: ) when I lose to the robot boxer.

I also like the fact that you never use a controller for anything, and that you can get some pretty good cardio exercise from most of the games. I hope developers support this peripheral, even if it is just a few more packs of mini-games.

I would be cool if there was a fighting game that used the device, where you actually had to have some skill in martial arts to win. I can only hope... :grin:
cbwing0

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:30 pm

I'm getting that for my lil bro for
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby cbwing0 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:35 pm

This reminds me...does anyone remember the show "Nick Arcade" (I think that's what it was called), that used to run on Nickelodeon? Contestants would answer general knowledge questions, then play arcade games to get money. At the end, one team would get a chance to be "in the game" and play a simple platformer in order to earn more prizes/money. I think they did it with a bluescreen rather than an eyetoy-like device. Does anyone know?

Anyway, an eyetoy platformer would also be cool, and probably a good workout, especially if I included lots of jumps. :thumb: There is so much potential for this device...
cbwing0

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:18 pm

Okay never mind...all
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby cbwing0 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:00 pm

Sounds like a good gift. :)

Speaking of gun games, it would be nice if they released a sequel to the Point Blank series for the PS2. That would probably be enough to make me buy a guncon. :grin:
cbwing0

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:08 pm

Well I already have the..
Fsiphskilm

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews