Jade Empire

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Jade Empire

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:59 am

Has anyone heard about this game? It looks pretty sweet if you ask me. It's coming out for the X-box and being made by Bioware the same ones who made KOTOR. The setting is in a Chinese Mythological setting, where your like some kinda martial arts dude. It's like a RPG, yet all of the dialogue is voiced like KOTOR and your decisions affect the outcome of the story. The graphics are also thankfully improved from KOTOR and the combat is just awesome! It's real-time and I believe you control your character like in a fighting game, which is just plain cool! Sadly, it's only for the X-box and I'm very surprised because of Bioware's past success on the PC. This game has alot going for it and I can't wait!

Linkage:

Documentary 1
Documentary 2
Trailer 1
Gametrailers site
Gamespot Article

Note: The two Documentaries contain tons of in-game footage!

Comments?
Link Antilles

Postby madphilb » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:19 pm

Heard a blurb or two on it... it's been making the rounds in places like XBox Mag. and GMR.... they even put the trailer/intro in the latest XBox Mag. disk (though I would have liked to have seen some gameplay footage).

You didn't like the looks of KotOR? I thought it looked pretty good.... I thought they captured the Star Wars universe pretty well.

This will be a good game... Bioware has a history of producing strong RPGs... and it's really going to help the XBox out (as did KotOR). I'm looking forward to it too.

edit: since I'm at my Mom's right at the moment, I looked at the videos... the game looks great! Can't wait to get my hands on it..... thanks for the links, Link
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:49 pm

madphilb wrote:
You didn't like the looks of KotOR? I thought it looked pretty good.... I thought they captured the Star Wars universe pretty well.

The graphic of KOTOR were good, but it didn't push the X-box. I just expected more, I guess.
Link Antilles

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:13 pm

ive been waiting for this game since i saw the trailer earlier this year!

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby madphilb » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:00 pm

Link Antilles wrote:The graphic of KOTOR were good, but it didn't push the X-box. I just expected more, I guess.

I can see improvements in the movies for Jade Empire, it indeed looks better (very, very nice).
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews