Kingdom Hearts

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Kingdom Hearts

Postby Izumi San » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:49 pm

Anyone else love this game lol ? I love the graphics & music :)
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby Stephen » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:31 pm

I thought it was a very fun game...Gypsy hated it though....snicker.:hits_self
Stephen

Postby Izumi San » Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:38 pm

Get Gypsy lol !! J/k ;)
I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like, is any of this for real, or not?
Izumi San

Postby Anison Twilight » Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:14 am

I beat that game so badly that it's sad, I got to level 100 with ALL my characters, got Sora and Donald's ultimate weapons (I'm still working on Goofy's). Sephiroth's still fun to fight because he levels up when you do. Ansem is just tedious now. I beat Phantom and the special boss in Agrabah. I got the alternate ending as well (it's great but I don't want to spoil the surprise). Got master gummy set...etc. until the end of time. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Sorry got a little carried away...:sweat:

PS: Cloud in this game is the greatest I've got a video that I downloaded of Cloud fighting Sephiroth on Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anison Twilight

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:49 am

Yeah, I'd put myself in the list of fans of the game. It was a lot of fun. Plus, it was great seeing old Final Fantasy characters rendered in PS2 graphics.
uc pseudonym

Postby Straylight » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:01 am

Certainly was, my brother and I completed every aspect of the game between us, culminating in the acquisition of the Ultima Weapon. That thing rocks.

Beat Sephiroth 4 times, by far the most fun you can have once you've finished the game :)
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby MasterDias » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:38 pm

That was a fun game.
Actually, I recently read in an article somewhere that, along with Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior, Square-Enix intends to make it one of their main series'.
So we can expect more than one Kingdom Hearts sequal in the future.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:05 pm

I've also hard information on the sequel, a Square representative was saying a few unofficial comments. But he said that the series would become darker, and the Disney aspect might be removed.

But I was thinking, wouldn't a parallel sequel be neat? You would play as Mickey, and since he is a Disney character, you'd be joined by two Square characters from previous games. And then, in the end, the two games would meet...
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:55 pm

(Covers Steve's mouth) Don't listen to him, KH is one of my fav games. I never beat Sep, but I did get the Scareb thing in Agrabah and Phantom (who really drove me nuts until I figured out what to do...) Anyway, yes, I've read a few articles and I've tapped on an inside source that there will indeed be a sequel. The platform is still being debated, since it may be made for the ps3.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Sequel

Postby Anison Twilight » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:16 pm

I don't know how to do the spoiler button thing, so if you want to know about the sequel you'll have to e-mail or private message me. Plus Square's coming out with a Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (in case you didn't already know). I've got a video clip from a video game convention in Japan about the KH Final Mix thing.
Anison Twilight

Postby Izumi San » Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:19 pm

I wish KH Final Mix was coming out in America. It'd be soo fun!! I've beaten kh, but I'm redoing it to level up more & get the secret ending since I haven't beaten the Hades Cup yet lol. I'm only level 60 right now :p
Izumi San

Postby Gypsy » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:43 am

Yeah, the secret ending is definitely worth it. You probably will do like I did and not blink through the entire thing.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Izumi San » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:57 pm

I actually downloaded it from some site (I know *slaps self* bad girl ) but the sound on my computer stopped working for everything cept midis like right after I downloaded it :comp:
Izumi San

Postby Anison Twilight » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:31 am

Originally posted by Izumi San
I'm only level 60 right now :p

Um.........I'm level 100 with everything........even Ultima........and I've beat Sephiroth at least 20 times......... I've kind a mastered the game..........:sweat:
Anison Twilight

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:08 am

Way to go, pat yourself on the back and buy yourself a (non-alchoholic) drink.
uc pseudonym

Postby Izumi San » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:13 pm

Drinks are on me :jump: I've only played 50 hours on kh :hits_self
Izumi San

Postby Anison Twilight » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:12 pm

I've only played 60 some odd hours...
Anison Twilight

Postby MasterDias » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:26 pm

Originally posted by uc pseudonym
I've also hard information on the sequel, a Square representative was saying a few unofficial comments. But he said that the series would become darker, and the Disney aspect might be removed.

That doesn't make any sense. Sora and the other original characters in the game are owned by Disney. The whole point of the game was to merge Square styled gameplay with Disney characters and worlds. And since the whole thing is partially owned by Disney, they couldn't possibly remove the Disney "aspects." Disney would never agree with that.

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:03 pm

Just relating what I heard, man. I did say unofficial. For all I know, the guy got home and got chewed out by his boss, who said exactly what you did.

I really have no idea about the ownership work, but I am not as certain that Disney actually has a significant share in the game. Besides, Square does have rights to continue a series, don't they? But I really don't know...
uc pseudonym

Postby Izumi San » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:36 pm

I'm sure Disney has a say in kh2 characters & such. Though kh2 is supposed to have a darker theme then the original Kingdom Hearts, so I'm guessing there won't be a lot of happy disney characters lol.
Izumi San

Postby Saint » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:54 pm

a darker KH? i can see Pooh coming out to get the heartless with his baseball bat. ouch!

i should have taken more time and beat it after i had stuff so i could see the cool en.. no.. cooler ending. i beat it as soon as i could and then let a friend borrow it.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:01 pm

I played through KH, i remember when i finally beat Sepheroth, i was all doing the happy cat dance and stuff. anyway......... The secret ending thing was cool. And thats how i hope the next kingdom hearts game is. In fact i want to see micky mouse get cleaved in two by a heartless. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! .......... anyway

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:36 pm

Aaron ... you shouldn't say those things out loud ...
Gypsy

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:37 pm

eh, he's fine, he's a cartoon. Cartoons get cleaved in two all the time, what happens? they just get stuck back together....... not that i've tried or anything.... ahem..... anyway

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:33 am

...cleaved in half?...

Do we have some issues to work out here?
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:19 am

Nah, that's normal for Mr Lightbringer.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Izumi San » Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:36 am

If that's normal, I'd hate to see him in a frantic state lol :hits_self
Izumi San

Postby MasterDias » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:36 pm

Actually, I'm not even sure that KH2 has been started on yet. Last I heard, Square was still in the "talks" process with Disney.

We'll probably hear some stuff about it before the end of the year at most, probably sooner(if the talks with Disney go well).

MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:44 pm

He's right. No work is currently being done on KH2 (at the time of this posting, anyway). Which does mean that nothing we know about it is set in stone.
uc pseudonym

Postby Izumi San » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:12 pm

Yup, all we've got is the Secret Ending to guide us on...:jump:
Izumi San

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews