The C&C Thread!!!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

The C&C Thread!!!

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:14 am

Anyone here a Command and Conquer fan? If so, which one is your favorite? What is your favorite side? Why? or Feel free to share your battle strategies and/or war stories!

I'm a major C&C fan. In fact, the original C&C was the first computer game I beat and the first RTS I played. Currently, my favorite one is Zero Hour the expansion pack to Generals. It has fast-paced game play, fairly balanced sides, and beautiful graphics, but on the downside you need a powerful computer and broadband to enjoy the multiplayer, which is my favorite part.

My top two favorite sides:

1. C&C: Generals: Zero Hour
Side: USA
Reason: Humvees - rush, snipers, air force - "Shock and Awe!", Ion cannon - great for writing LOL over the enemy’s base, and your know where your enemy is.
General: Air force
Reason: You get a Carpet bombing run w/ you strategic command center, great for rush support or taking out a super weapon!

2. RA2= Yuri's Revenge
Side: America
Reason: Airborne - drop 'em in the back of the enemy base to wreck havoc, Seals - just cool, Chrono Legionnaire - economy wrecker, Aircraft carrier, and you know where your enemy is.
Link Antilles

Postby Straylight » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:15 pm

I LOVE generals. However I haven't tried the expansion pack yet. I always enjoyed playing as the Chinese myself. Very balanced game, unlike the original C+C games... you have to use everything that you've got in order to win.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Shinja » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:18 pm

i liked renigade, its the only one ive played, my experiance with cc games is theyre laggy, thier good for lans but internet gaming is out of the question unless theyve managed to fix the problems this summer
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby inkjet1987 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:27 pm

Mine is probably RA2: Yuri's Revenge. I have Generals, but I don't have a good enough video card so its really slow. :sniffle:
inkjet1987

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:37 pm

djnoz wrote:I LOVE generals. However I haven't tried the expansion pack yet. I always enjoyed playing as the Chinese myself. Very balanced game, unlike the original C+C games... you have to use everything that you've got in order to win.

You have to get Zero Hour, then! It completely changes the game, for the better, of course! The Chinese Helix 'copter is a sweet addition. It's like a flying overlord w/ napalm bombs!
Link Antilles

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:53 pm

I've only played Red Alert. I did get some gook hacks in it, though. :evil:
Mithrandir

Postby Razgriz » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:59 am

Anyone know if there's a boxed set (Generals+Zero Hour) coming out soon?
Razgriz

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:38 pm

Sangoku wrote:Anyone know if there's a boxed set (Generals+Zero Hour) coming out soon?

It's already out! I saw it at Bestbuy last friday.
Link Antilles

Postby Razgriz » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:39 pm

Link Antilles wrote:It's already out! I saw it at Bestbuy last friday.

Cool, thanks Link.
Razgriz

Postby VashTheStampede » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:35 pm

Zero Hour is a great game. Me and my buddies sometimes play big LAN games with it (haha, such dorks huh?). But yea, my favorite side is the USA Laser General. :thumb:
I felt Your hands move mine aside, as those nails were driven down [[color=Gold]†][/color]
"There is a time for everything. A season for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

~Do not have feelings of animosity and resentment towards the depressing times in your life, but turn to God in praise for the days He gives you. Along with the times of joy He blesses you with, also come the times of hardship. For how can one reach for the stars without darkness?~

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Digitally Imported Radio<-~-~Love Techno?~:cool:
Myspace!<--PM me for info if you wanna add me:sweat:
VashTheStampede

Postby LorentzForce » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:14 pm

i have the origial, RA1, tiberian sun, and generals. i want RA2 and any other expansion sets. i have to say, i have quite good memories of me playing C&C when i was very little. like, year 5 in primary school?
LorentzForce

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews