Jak II

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Jak II

Postby Shadow Bee » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:45 pm

has anyone besides me bought it yet? for those who don't know what i'm talking about, Jak II is a PS2 game by Naughty Dog that's the sequel to Jak and Daxter.

i'm having a blast playing it.

I'm back! Yay for me!

Image Best Wishes, Shadow Bee
Shadow Bee

Postby MasterDias » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:00 pm

You know, I've been interested in playing the first Jak and Daxter game for a while. Maybe I'll get it now that it's cheap.

But anyway, how good is Jak II?
I've heard it's much darker than the original.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Shadow Bee » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:09 pm

yeah, it's been really great to play. it's MUCH darker than the first one, and you don't really need to play the first one, but it's better if you do. in this one, Jak has been experimented on for two years and Daxter finally breaks him out of the prison. in the city, you can take up various missions at a time. eventually, you'll need to do them all or you can't advance. um, but you can attack/kill people and steal thier vehicles, which is fun. but, you alert the town guards and they'll come after and try to kill you. there's also a jet board, and various guns and weapon upgrades. and there is this kid...

I'm back! Yay for me!

Image Best Wishes, Shadow Bee
Shadow Bee

Postby blue elf » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:32 pm

I have Jak 2 and the first one. I like em both, but some of the humor in Jak 2 is kinda perverted. I'm at the last boss in Jak 2(which has killed me many many times*sigh*), but I still have a bunch of side stuff to do like get some more precursor orbs and such. I agree the missions and stuff are fun, but some of them can get pretty frustrating. lol
-BlueElf
blue elf

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews