Online game suggestions?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Online game suggestions?

Postby VashTheStampede » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:07 pm

Anyone know of any good online games, like online RPG's and such that can be played well through a 56k connection? if ya do, please lemme know and link to it, thanks! =)
I felt Your hands move mine aside, as those nails were driven down [[color=Gold]†][/color]
"There is a time for everything. A season for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

~Do not have feelings of animosity and resentment towards the depressing times in your life, but turn to God in praise for the days He gives you. Along with the times of joy He blesses you with, also come the times of hardship. For how can one reach for the stars without darkness?~

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Digitally Imported Radio<-~-~Love Techno?~:cool:
Myspace!<--PM me for info if you wanna add me:sweat:
VashTheStampede

Postby VEGETA » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:32 pm

Well any pay to play game like EnB can technicaly be playe don a 56k. You would probably be happiets on EnB for lag. You have an autopilot option so lag wouldnt be an issue allthouht a few sectors you would want to avoid during peek hours (like freya)

You push a man too far and sooner or later he pushes back. Something wicked this way comes. Alexander Thomason at large.

Im not popular at the zboard. IM INFAMOUS!!!

I am an American Soldier.
I will always place my mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am an american soldier.
I live by this code.

Im good enough to die for you but im not good enough to be your friend?
VEGETA

Postby Towi Wakka » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:53 pm

Oooo!!! If you have a GC get Phantasy Star Online! You can play it on and offline. I have it and it is REALLY worth it.
:pinned: :pinned: :pinned:
"Don't be greedy and you will always win." ~ Me playing Mario Party

If you have the time please visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/lunursoft
OR
If you are an artist please check out my deviant art page: http://towiwakka.deviantart.com/
Towi Wakka

Postby MsShinobu » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:52 pm

Phantasy Star online is great!!

Ragnarok Online is great too although the company that runs it (Gravity) does not have so good buisness ethics. They have an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB.

You may want to wait and play FFXI..if you have a good computer it comes out this month!
MsShinobu

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:28 pm

I suggest Tibia and PristonTale.
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby ZiP » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:43 pm

well Return to Castle Wolfenstein,
not sure if it takes 56k or not :P
>:) ZiP >:)
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:34 pm

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was asking for suggestions for an online game to develop, not play.

I'm sorry to say that I have no ideas either way. (Please pardon my pointless post. -_-; )
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:03 pm

ZiP wrote:well Return to Castle Wolfenstein,
not sure if it takes 56k or not :P
>:) ZiP >:)

Actually, it does run on a 56k.
It ran fine for me last year on my old computer.
Link Antilles

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews