MMORPG's

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

MMORPG's

Postby VEGETA » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:10 am

I read a day or so ago some replies complaining about mmorpgs (earth and beyond, planetside, dark age of camelot). Tonight i was reading on the EnBportal forum and i found a rather good post i would like to present to those who complained. I think it effectivly puts to rest anyones complaints or atleast gives them a new way to look at things.

Btw i play all those games and as they are today, they are excellent. I suggest giving them another try.

Anyways, here is the post...

well, i think the presumption that any MMORPG is sold as a "finished" product is pretty...well...presumptious.

the whole genre of MMORPG is an experiment. EnB is what, a 3rd generation MMO game? FPS, TBS, RTS and normal RPGs have been around for at least 10 years (more for RPGs). developers and programmers are still learning what it takes to make a good MMORPG game.

its likely that the entire MMO concept could fail. or even face the fate of the RTS: become so overabundant and unoriginal that they're all but abandoned.

i really dont mind that im apart of a grand experiment, apart of something incomplete and still growing. dear lord im getting poetic, time to end this post.

I hope everyone can see the logic in there that i did.

Peace out and God bless.

You push a man too far and sooner or later he pushes back. Something wicked this way comes. Alexander Thomason at large.

Im not popular at the zboard. IM INFAMOUS!!!

I am an American Soldier.
I will always place my mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am an american soldier.
I live by this code.

Im good enough to die for you but im not good enough to be your friend?
VEGETA

Postby Razgriz » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:01 pm

Well, I've given up on MMORPGs because all of them are full of bugs. Plus, you're PAYING them to play the game, with no single player feature. Though I do have to admit though, Planetside has to be my favorite MMOFPS of all time, and I would gladly pay them to play the game if it weren't for the bugs and balancing issues. I also have to say the DAoC has to be one of the most unique MMORPGs out there. Now, it's mostly freestuff online stuff that occupy my time (though I don't play much games anymore period), such as NWN, Ghost Recon, Raven Shield, Battlefield 1942, etc.
Razgriz

Postby VEGETA » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:03 pm

Well i have played all 3 recently and i didnt encounter any bugs and they seemed very balanced to me.

You push a man too far and sooner or later he pushes back. Something wicked this way comes. Alexander Thomason at large.

I will never quit.
I live by this code.

VEGETA

Postby Razgriz » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:01 pm

meh. Whatever floats your boat.
Razgriz

Postby VEGETA » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:03 pm

You where just bad at them werent ya? No skill. lol

JUST KIDDING!!!

I will never quit.
I live by this code.

VEGETA

Postby Razgriz » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:07 pm

If I suck I wouldn't be playing Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six ;) Those are LAN classics, even though they aren't MMO, which side do you play on PS?
Razgriz

Postby VEGETA » Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:10 pm

No....CS is a lan classic. UT is a lan classic. Quake is a lan classic. lol. Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6 are excellent games. I love them to death.

I played Terran Republic on Markov. Im going back to EnB though. I play as a Progen Warrior. (lvl 62)

I will never quit.
I live by this code.

VEGETA

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:30 pm

I agree with Sangoku. I've played Planetside and E&B. They just didn't seem worth the subscription fee. Maybe there's hope for Final Fantasy XI, but probably not. I can dream can't I? ;)
Anyways, online I mostly play Medal of Honor, RTCW, Raven Shield, Ghost Recon, C&C:Generals, and Renegade.
Link Antilles

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews