No fancy title...Final Fantasy 7 part 2 is a reality now...read more

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

No fancy title...Final Fantasy 7 part 2 is a reality now...read more

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:03 pm

(First off if you have not played Final Fantasy 7, or do not want it spoiled...do not read this)

I have a subscription to GMR a magainze through Electronics Boutique. It has like early views on stuff and all....I will now quote the new issue I got this afternoon.

"Finally, by the time you read this (the Toyko game show begins Sep. 26) Square Enix will have announced the unexpected sequel to Final Fantasy VII- FFVII-2, featuring the return of Cloud, Sephiroth, and...Aerith. Can a girl get a phoenix down up in this? Belive it"

Now I looked around to see if there was more info on this...and FFonline has like 2 threads...already like 50 pages long...that there indeed will be a sequal. No more rumors...it will be done. Advent Children is a movie coming out in Japan and hopefully America at some point..about an hour in length...so don't get AC confused with this sequal. I belive most the comments in the latter part of the above quote was sarcasm...because most people belive that the only of those 3 to be in the new game will be Cloud. The common knowledge is...Sep stays dead...as does Aerith. Although of course there is debate over Aerith in the game...half the fans say she will be brought back...the other half says she must stay dead. Since many feel Square-Enix sold out with FFX-2...I am sure this game will get bashed for that. Personaly, I wont say if I want Aerith back in the new game....I could go either way...what I will say...is either way they do it...it better be darn good. They better not make a near joke out of the whole thing. In any case..it could be a year before this game is released in Japan...so dont expect to see this in the USA till at least 2005.
Stephen

Postby Razgriz » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:14 pm

I really do hope that SE (Square Enix) doesn't mess up this movie as well. For one, FF7 was really the single title that appealed to a wide audience, and has made the previous Squaresoft, a world renowned company. I don't think any other FF title has surpassed the amount sold by FF7 (FF10 maybe, but I could be wrong). I'm looking forward to Seph being back, and whether or not Aeris is gonna be back is up to debate. As most may or may not know, there were 3 teaser trailers shown to private audiences during the TGS 2k3 this past weekend, and they saw far more things, like Cloud riding a bike, a mysterious man (other than Seph, who is returning along with Cloud as Shatterheart pointed out.), and a young female voice narrating (Aeris?). One thing I'm worried about is that, will 60min be enough to compliment an epic tale such as FF7.
Razgriz

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:17 pm

Check this pic out...could be a flashback or whathave you...but still awesome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:20 pm

Yeah i was trying to find those vids to download...the mag article hinted at that...and i saw people talking about what you said on FFonline. There is also a scene where Cloud is kneeling at someones grave..possibly Aerith..or rumored Tifa. I think Sep coming back is a good possibilty now...the more stuff I read that is...and like I said..they can bring Aerith back...just give a good reason..or dont do it.
Stephen

Postby Razgriz » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:45 pm

1st Trailer description, from the Unofficial Official FF7-2 movie website.

Video Elaboration —

Due to the valiant efforts used to save the world two years before, the world was thought to be peaceful once and for all. However, a new illness known as the Star Scar Syndrome started to spread, and the people began to suffer and die off.

And Cloud—who fought alone because the world refused others to live—lived a lonely life.

Voice of a Small Girl: "That day, the power was used. Therefore, the star now lives. The humans have become the star, their souls among the star. And I had thought it would all be over..." (Translation Note: 'Star' may be referring to The Planet.)

Cloud is slowly walking through a church with colorful stained-glass windows.

Then Cloud is riding on a motorcycle (The motorcycle has been confirmed to be named 'Fenrir'.) when suddenly he is attacked by projectiles of some sort; (They are hard to make out.) a silver-haired man appears. It is none other than Sephiroth! Sephiroth's Theme begins to play in the background. (One-Winged Angel.) "I want to forgive you, but I can't forgive you," Cloud says while standing in front of a grave that appeared out of nowhere. "Your death has been decided."

Cloud and Sephiroth begin a very climatic swordfight. Cloud's Buster Sword is—and I quote from one of the viewers of the teaser—'ridiculously wide'.

Cut-scene; another silver-haired man (Mystery Man.) is seen sitting in a chair, and then another cut occurs and he is on his knees.

We see Sephiroth walk away into the flames, and thus the teaser ends.

Also: It's obvious the person Cloud is fighting is not Sephiroth, but much rather the Mystery Man. First of all, the Mystery Man has short hair. Secondly, V-Jump Magazine reports—using an image from the same video—that the person in the video is the Mystery Man in their recent feature. This is not Sephiroth, although One-Winged Angel does play in the background.
Razgriz

Postby Nefla » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:11 pm

They can't ruin FF7, it's the best game ever! *cries* *burns FFX-2*
Nefla

Postby Gremio » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:28 pm

Yes from what ive heard there definetly IS a sequel to FF7 in the making. I am immensly excited about this, but at the same time cautious as FFX-2 was just a pure fan disk and a cop out really.
Aerith's death added to the brilliance of the game, I personally cant stand people who beg for her revival because her death had a significant meaning and made the story more...real.

Also its my own personal belief (though this may be spoilerful) that Aerith only dies physically and her spirit returns to the planet and is eventually reborn into the flowers you see on Midgar at the end (hence the reason Cloud says "yeah I think we can see her there....").

All in all, FF7 had such a deep and stunning storyline. When I think about it....is it worth running the risk of it being ruined by a fan disk sequel?

Gremio

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile

Postby Saint » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:57 pm

Sounds good to me. :) FF7 is prolly my fav. FF game. Is there a place to get any of the teasers or pics??? any links?
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Lightbringer » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:09 pm

Got to agree with Gremio on this one. At least with the Aerith part. I dont want to see her in more then just flash back kind of stuff in that game. But a new cloud / sepheroth thing thats pretty cool. I just hope they dont use barret , i couldn't stand him.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Psycho Ann » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:36 pm

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030926/se08.jpg
http://www.gameforms.com/news/kh2/03.jpg

Hmmm, seems nice, though I don't really dig the CG this time O_o I would like to see Aerith again, so I'm biased towards that ^^
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby MasterDias » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:23 pm

I'm a bit skeptical about an actual FFVII-2. It is possible I suppose but all I've found when I seached on Google was a bunch of rumours and speculation. If they did make another sequal FFVII-2 would probably be it.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:27 pm

Its confirmed now man...go to FFonline.com. Anyway...as for the Cloud Sephiroth thing...they had a bond in FF7...which is why its very very likely Sep will be back...as for Aerith...they might bring her back in part...like she comes back to help in a final fight or somthing...but I don't think your gonna see,

Cloud>oh crap I did have a phoenix down..*sparkel sound*
Aerith>thanks for being so fast about you moron...im soked from being in this pond for like 2 years....

Anyway, I don't see what all the hating on FFX-2 is about...I have kept myself from seeing anything spoiler wise...so perhaps it was total fan crap...but from what I did read...it sounded rather interesting with the whole active time fighting, and deep cool story line...I think people just freaked over what the girls were wearing...which...nobody says boo when guys dress hoish in games....I don't see the big deal there...I will wait to judge the game after I have bought and played it. Also, this movie...is sounding more and more intersting...I am wondering what time frame it takes..before FF7-2...after...or during. That would prove interesting.
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:26 pm

well, playing devil's advocate,

1. Females biology lessens the effect of visuals to hormone distribution.
2. How often are guys dressed "hoish" though I'm not a girl, so I don't know exactly what a turn-on is... But, the one case I can think of where the guys wore next to nothing, reign, was met with a lot of complaints...

In any case, i do want to play FF X-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Rashiir » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:10 pm

Definitely way too sketchy for me. Weeping and gnashing of teeth...
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:13 pm

I am not going to argue...the point is...there is a huge double standard in games...guys can run around showing skin...but if girls are not wearing a parka everyone freaks...I plan on enjoying FFX-2.
Stephen

Postby Gremio » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:46 pm

On that note when I say FFX-2 was a fan disk im not talking about the lack of clothing on the girls (which you can change if you want, thankfully). I refered to FFX-2 becuase if FFVII-2 were to be a fan disk such as it was, it would be like the following:
Aerith gets revived (even though the writers promised it would never happen due to its centrality to the story)
Sephiroth becomes a good guy
And the planet mysteriously makes 17 new Weapons for you to battle and then you recieve the hyper glory platinum chocobo.

That sorta thing. Its just my opinion but it was always the story that attracted me to rpg's, sequels made to supress fans immense cryout for said, usually are very disapointing. Then again im sure many people will enjoy FFX-2, I think the discussion of it is OT though.

Gremio

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:05 am

Hmm... I'm in the "If they bring Aeris back it's going to ruin it" crowd... Of course, I didn't like it that much to begin with, but I thought that the death of Aeris was very important... Bringing her back takes the game from 6 to 0 in my mind...

Well, i won't know until I play it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Saint » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:16 am

who knows... the theme of "reincarnation" is big in a lot of japanese games/animes. so i have no idea what would be a good story in there terms.
i am gonna see it no matter what. :) i would love a FF7-2 game as well. i want that hyper glory platinum chocobo. hehe.
Saint

Postby Razgriz » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:34 am

Cloud vs. "Mystery Man"
Razgriz

Postby Michael » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:07 pm

Sweeeettt... I love how Sephiroth looks. He's much more intimidating.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Saint » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:24 pm

hey is cloud fighting that guy from cowboy bebop. he is... so are Spike and Aeris gonna be in it. you don't say... my my my... and a jedi?
so are they all playable chracters? oh... thanks.
Saint

Postby Razgriz » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:28 pm

You mean Vicious? Heh, looks like it.
Razgriz

Postby Stephen » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:01 pm

Well now it seems nobody knows what is going on...I was just browsing on FFonline again...and a the other day everyone was so sure it was a game...that mag I get from Eb was so sure...now everyone is acting like its just gonna be the movie...and maybe a game very later on...which would be FF7-3 I guess...Square is not helping...there running around making people take the videos and articles down...sounds fishy to me...im more confused now then ever...guess I will just have to wait and see.
Stephen

Postby blue elf » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:29 pm

I read about the announcement at http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php
and they say it is a direct to video or dvd movie, but if it turned out to be a game too that would be pretty cool. Either way. I hope they put Vincent in there somewhere.*smiles stary-eyed at her Vincent statuette thingy.* lol and I hope it turns out waaaaay better than the FF movie. I hated that movie. :shady:
-BlueElf :dance:
blue elf

Postby Razgriz » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:33 pm

Well, in the latest interview, they did say that there'll be around 20 characters, and "most of the ones you'd expect" will return.
Razgriz

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:16 pm

"Spirts within" wasn't that bad... But it was pretty bad... yeah, square doesn't exactly have the best rep for that

Legend of the Crystals
Spirits within
FF unlimited
That weird (but funny) Chrono Trigger thing about the Nu and that white monster thing with horns and a ball like body... Actually, it was all the monsters enjoying their own "millinial fair" including Johny "the man" hehehe... That wasn't so bad, but it was pretty cheeseball...
Bobtheduck

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:38 am

It seems prety legit to me, have you guys opened the links I provided at the end of page 1? Or is it a confirmed hoax I haven't heard about?

There's official art and when they start releasing official art then it's pretty much set.
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Psyco » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:47 am

I have hear somewhere that they were going to make a FF-7.2 game but they stopped it for ff12 (or 13).
<insert sig here>
Psyco

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:19 am

I was reading the other day...and Square has said as of late, that they plan on making FF7-2...for the PS3.
Stephen

Postby Razgriz » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:28 am

Shatterheart wrote:I was reading the other day...and Square has said as of late, that they plan on making FF7-2...for the PS3.

lol, interesting. It seems Square is going on the conspiracy bandwagon again.
Razgriz

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews