How many of you are getting FF11?

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

How many of you are getting FF11?

Postby Nefla » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:44 pm

Or already have it ^_^ It comes out next month (october) here, I don't know about everyone else. I want it really badly, I've never played an online rpg before T_T maybe in a few months some of us can play together? XD
"Sayonara baby!"
Nefla

Postby Razgriz » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:42 am

Most likely not. I've been having a great deal of headaches with MMORPGs, especially the ones with a monthly fee, lol. Anyways, hope you have fun with the game. :thumb:
Razgriz

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:42 am

Sadly, count me out. I not a big MMORPG fan. Unless, I get the beta, but I think it's to late now.
Link Antilles

Postby MasterDias » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:36 pm

Probably not. At least not right when it comes out anyway. I'm not that big into MMORPG's although they sound somewhat fun. I do want to at least play it eventually.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Chibi » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:04 pm

:sniffle: I have to get a new computer before I can play FFXI... ;_;

~Chibi :dance:
~*~ "My external appearance is down 5%. Shion, I need to be cleaned." - KOS-MOS, XenoSaga ~*~
~*~ All this sorrow becomes me - Megatokyo ~*~
~*~ The Kitty Loves You!!!! ~*~
Chibi

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:45 pm

From what I understand, it's possible to play without having to go online; going online is just an option. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Lightbringer » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:17 pm

[quote="TheMelodyMaker"]From what I understand, it's possible to play without having to go online]

if thats true then final fantasy XI goes up a point. so now its on a grand total of 2 out of 10. Really if you want to have a final fantasy based online game fine, but dont waste the time or the title of the next FF game on that. They should have done something more productive then make sequels to a game that had a great ending (namely FFX and i soooooooo contest that they were planning on makeing a trilligy from the begining) FF7-2 would be ok if it was simply a new story line from that world. anyway. But I consider it a giant waste of time by makeing this game when they could be makeing a new original game like they should be. really a good game designer shouldn't bow to the whineing of the fanboys and such. Originality is were its at. mark my words to much online and revisits will kill the Final Fantasy line.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Chibi » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:20 pm

[quote="TheMelodyMaker"]From what I understand, it's possible to play without having to go online]

Sorry to correct you, but you're wrong. ^_^ You don't have to have a computer to play it... PS2 is coming out with a harddrive sometime next year. But whether you play on your computer or on the PS2, you have to connect to the internet. Here's a link for your researching pleasure! Click Here! There is even a character-making demo on this site, so that you can get an idea of what the characters will look like. Keep in mind that there are 5 races, and between those 5 races, there are dozens upon dozens of characters you can create. It's truly an awesome-looking game.
~*~ "My external appearance is down 5%. Shion, I need to be cleaned." - KOS-MOS, XenoSaga ~*~
Chibi

Postby Razgriz » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:28 pm

Though getting it on the comp. would be much easier IMO, but anyways, I do agree with Lightbringer, they should've made it a full fledged game instead, or at least call it FF Online. Though this was concieved during the time when the producer/creator of the FF series (can't remember his name right now), was playing Everquest (no wonder!), and was arrogantly trying to make something out of that poorly scripted FF movie. Alright, I'll stop rambling now.
Razgriz

Postby Chibi » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:29 pm

Lightbringer wrote: if thats true then final fantasy XI goes up a point. so now its on a grand total of 2 out of 10. Really if you want to have a final fantasy based online game fine, but dont waste the time or the title of the next FF game on that. They should have done something more productive then make sequels to a game that had a great ending (namely FFX and i soooooooo contest that they were planning on makeing a trilligy from the begining) FF7-2 would be ok if it was simply a new story line from that world. anyway. But I consider it a giant waste of time by makeing this game when they could be makeing a new original game like they should be. really a good game designer shouldn't bow to the whineing of the fanboys and such. Originality is were its at. mark my words to much online and revisits will kill the Final Fantasy line.

Lightbringer // Aaron

I'm not sure I understand.... This isn't FFX2 we're talking about. This is FFXI. You know.. ELEVEN. And I wouldn't give it a 2 out of 10, I'd give it a 20 out of 10, with 10 being the highest possible rating attainable. They're not wasting anything on this game, and it IS a new original game. If you have the right computer and the right graphics card, the in-game graphics will put FFX to shame. And the cinematics are utterly breathtaking. Go here and watch the opening sequence and, keeping in mind the fact that it's a recording, try to imagine what this game is going to look like. This isn't bowing to the whining of fanboys in any way shape or form. This is Square-Enix, taking the graphics they are globaly known for, and putting them out on the internet so that people can play a FF game the way they want to play it. The only thing original about FFXI is the fact that part of the title is Final Fantasy, and there are Moogles in it, and Sid is in it. Other than that, everything is original. Well... I can't really speak for the spells, because I haven't seen those yet. Anyway, all else aside, I'm sure there is a reason why there are 50,000 registered users in Japan alone. Don't make the Square people sound stupid. They wouldn't release it if it wasn't worthy of their name.
Chibi

Postby Lightbringer » Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:17 pm

Chibi wrote: Anyway, all else aside, I'm sure there is a reason why there are 50,000 registered users in Japan alone. Don't make the Square people sound stupid. They wouldn't release it if it wasn't worthy of their name.

Well to answer a few of your questions i was refureing to FFX2 as second mistake by square. 50,000 buyers dosn't mean anything, from what i've seen they sell lots of crap in japan and its all because of Fads. To think that Square is a tower of incoruptibility is a mistake,i dont want to sound rude but they are a company ,and will pump out any number of stupid games for money. Thats all its about. money

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Nefla » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:33 pm

They should have made a regular game like all the others but they didn't. That doesn't stop me from buying it! XD I've never played an MMORPG and am curious to try, especially if it was made by square.
"Sayonara baby!"
Nefla

Postby blue elf » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:19 pm

I wanna play FF XI, but the PS2 version that comes with the HDD will be around 100 dollars and the whole monthly fee thing is a big downside for me, but I have a while to think about it since the PS2 version doesn't come out till next year. Maybe I'll actually have a job by then.*prays really hard*
-BlueElf :dance:
blue elf

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:49 pm

PS2 is coming out with a hard drive
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:05 pm

Day one is the best time to get an MMORPG... If you play it all day for a year, you can sell your account or items or characters or whatever for lots of money if it becomes popular like ultima or everquest!

And getting in late meets you with all the jerk PK's who are so high level you never get anything done...

But, no I don't plan on it... MMORPG's aren't my bag, baby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:21 am

How sad. I didn't think square would sell out to the subscription gig.

*sigh*

I guess that's one FF game I will NOT be playing.
Mithrandir

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:47 am

I am with Chibi 200%. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
The graphics on FFXI are the most amazing graphics I've seen. (You need to click on the site she posted.) We own every system made in the last 10 years and I've never seen a more beautifully sculpted environment. My son had the Beta release and played it for like seven days straight. The people were all so nice and the characters to choose from were a plethora of styles. My son was a cute little taru taru - black mage. There is so much to do also. If you have the money - buy it. It's the best FFX game I've seen in the franchise. Both my kids are saving their allowance to buy it - one each. My son had Galaxies and my daughter played Everquest and they're both trading it in for the FFX.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Gypsy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:22 am

So in playing a general MMOPRG, do they normally have stand alone quests that are fun in themselves? I mean, would it be worth buying the game and not bothering to play online at all?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

No way

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:44 am

I've seen the graphic
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Taslin_Jewel » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:54 am

I don't know about the Final Fantasy games for the PS2, but I want the one coming out for the Gamecube as soon as it comes out in February! Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, for those who don't know.
In a world shrouded in mystery, the winds of change begin to blow.

A proud member of Star Wars: The Mandalorian Wars and Darklight: Chronicles of Tairis.

"I'm a warrior-hero-adventurer-goddess who CAN'T SWIM, okay?!?!" ~Skye of Lynlora, from the video game Darkened Skye
Taslin_Jewel

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews