New "Snake Eater" Trailer coming tommorownight!

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

New "Snake Eater" Trailer coming tommorownight!

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:23 pm

Is everyone thoroughly tired of the E3 trailer for "Snake Eater"? Well, I know I am... I've seen it about 2 hundred times... SO, I looked on good old google to see if there was any more info, and I checked Konami's Japanese site, and guess what? A new trailer is coming tommorownight! YEAH! SO, make sure that late tomorrownight (saturday) you all check out konami's Japanese site... To find it, go to google and look for "Metal Gear Solid 3:snake eater" konami's page should be the first on the list (make sure you use quotes)

They already have teaser pics on their that aren't in the E3 tape, including some shots from inside a cave. I can't wait until tomorrow night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Razgriz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:25 pm

Awesome!!! They have also released info on the New Metal Gear, w/pics and stuff, but that's probably old news.
Razgriz

Postby Stephen » Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:40 pm

WOO HOO! I cant wait to buy this game
Stephen

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:13 pm

They've also released a Twin Snakes trailer.
Coolness! They really have improved the graphics from the old one. Can't wait!

BTW, I'm getting MSG II for the X-box thursday! Woo-hoo! (I'm so behind the times!)
Link Antilles

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:14 pm

Sorry, yet another time, when I hit reply instead of edit, lol

Anyways, I've watched the new trailer like 10 times now.
(Warning: There is one fairly bloody scene.)
Link Antilles

Postby Razgriz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:55 pm

Incase anyone hasn't seen the pics of the "Metal Gear" that is rumored to appear in Snake Eater, look here.
http://media.operationmgs.com/screenshots/mgs3e3mech/mgs3mech3.jpg

That is one sweet trailer for Twin Snakes! Makes me want to get a GC just for that game! :thumb:
Razgriz

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:53 pm

Downloading The New Trailer Now! Joy! :)
Link Antilles

Postby Razgriz » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:46 pm

Saw the trailer, did anyone think the song is kinda like something from Bond? Oh yeah, also, loved the end of the trailer, croc anyone? ;)
Razgriz

Postby Michael » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:52 pm

I was kind of disappointed. It looks like Austin Powers. Twin Snakes however, looks great.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Link Antilles » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:15 pm

Same here, the other MGS3 trailer is alot better, but I did enjoy the end. :)
Link Antilles

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:10 pm

You were disappointed? You can't tell a darned thing about the game by the trailer... Didn't you play the MGS2 demo? I mean, that tanker scene did NOT represent the overall feel of the game in any way, in fact it was almost just a distraction...

I thought the "bond" like trailer was mildly funny...

One thing I'm confused about... The first snake eater trailer made it look like the game takes place early in the cold war, during the 60's... Before Solid Snake was born... IF that's true, then it obviously couldn't be solid snake... It would have to be Big Boss... Anyone else pick up on that? I think this is going to be great if this is about Big boss... Maybe we'll see him degrade from America's best soldier to its worst enemy (though they don't know it) and the whole backstory of Outer Heaven and Dr. Petrovich and the Les Enfant Terribles project... I think a back story would be great, even leading into the first metal gear game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Michael » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:58 pm

<One thing I'm confused about... The first snake eater trailer made it look like the game takes place early in the cold war, during the 60's... Before Solid Snake was born... IF that's true, then it obviously couldn't be solid snake... It would have to be Big Boss... Anyone else pick up on that? I think this is going to be great if this is about Big boss... Maybe we'll see him degrade from America's best soldier to its worst enemy (though they don't know it) and the whole backstory of Outer Heaven and Dr. Petrovich and the Les Enfant Terribles project... I think a back story would be great, even leading into the first metal gear game...>

Whoa, never noticed that. That'd be about right though. Is he wearing makeup?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:04 am

Michael wrote:Whoa, never noticed that. That'd be about right though. Is he wearing makeup?

Makeup? You mean his camo makeup? I think he is, but I don't have the clip anymore... I'll have to download it again... If it IS big boss, will they get David Hayter to do the American voice, or someone else? It would fit to get someone else, especially since Dave's got his own lucritive carreer as a screenwrite...

I can't wait until both TTS and Snake Eater come out... Even though I dont' have a gamecube (I don't have a PS2 either, I am probably going to get one for Christmas... I have played MGS2 all the way through like 4 times, though...)
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:40 am

About TTS... It's not just the graphics that were changed, many of the scenes were changed... The whole thing goes from being what should have been a Teen rated game (MGS for PS1) to being more like MGS2 and actually earning it's M rating... In that preview it showed one of the guards getting cut in half... It's even more brutal than MGS2... [spoiler]Olga's death was a bit surprising to me[/spoiler]

The camera angles have changed, and a lot of the dialogue has been rerecorded to (hopefully) improve on it... I hope they got David Hayter back... Who knows what new stuff they've added too... They said this sort of thing is like no game made before... I mean, like no project... (it's obviously like other games... MGS1 and MGS2 for instance...)
Bobtheduck

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews