Soni vs. Mario

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:02 pm

Hmm... PS2, man... PS2...

Or perhaps PS2.5X, but I haven't actually used that yet to know if it's worth the trouble and money.

As for who would win in the fight? Hmm... Sonic would probably be able to dodge all of Mario's fireballs, so I'd say sonic... Who really knows... Fastest isn't always best, but it's comes pretty darn close...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:09 pm

Nin = Little
Ten = Heaven

Nintendo is a little piece of heaven (no joke) and it started as a card game company.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby MasterDias » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:54 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Just on the topic of the systems: I recently read an article in my town paper about all three next generation consules. The guy basically said that Gamecube and PS2 were completely worthless and that the Xbox rocked. Xbox aside, this still annoyed me just a bit.

That annoys me as well. Each of the systems has good points and bad points. Although I must admit I'm not that much of an X-Box fan. Gamecube and PS2 and their games have appealed to me more.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:30 am

PS2 has the best controller, Gamecube has the most class as a standalone thing... X-box is too american and PS2 is, well, just there, but I like the Games on PS2 best... It just happens that all but one of my fave PS2 games are on X-box... Final Fantasy is the only thing keeping me on PS2, except for my moral opposition to furthering my allready treacherous acceptance of Micro-antichrist, er I mean Microsoft. Yeah, I use windows, but I get it for free and I'd avoid paying money for a microsoft product... Wait, is sidewinder microsoft? I want a joystick that is exactly like a PS2 Dual Shock II... I know what I can do! I can just use a REAL dual shock II with a USB adapter! That'll work! Yeah... No more Microsoft... But sony's turning out to be a pretty evil corporation as well... I'm so conflicted!
Bobtheduck

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:22 am

X-Box is so evil that there is nothing more you can add to it. sure, people say it's powerful. but PC overtook its technology within three months. _three months_. that was like a year ago, three months since whenever X-Box came out. sure, it's got good graphics if you run it on a 640x480 resolution all the time. sure it's good... not!

but heck, i'd get a second hand just so i can take all the insides out and steal the devices in there.

then again, PS2 is worse in technology terms. worst out of the three. X-Box is much more evil though. avoid it! unless you want to play Halo...
LorentzForce

Postby Shinja » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:28 am

i call it the halo box.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby LorentzForce » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:24 am

X-Box would have become into oblivious nothing if it wasn't for Halo and other games like DoA and racing games. nothing you can't see on PC or any other consoles though.
LorentzForce

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:29 am

That's the true system, I suppose. The PC really has better advantages than all the consules. And if you don't have any morals, you can get the same games, too.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:36 pm

Disadvantages of PC:

More Expensive
I have yet to play a game with "rumble"
Starts slower (Ps2 is under half a minute for initial boot, even faster for some resets and decent for game change, whereas PC takes forever and a day to load anything regardless of how fast your processor is)
Crashes more frequently (and I don't plan on playing games on Linux or any other non-windows systems, so that is a big deal.)
Driver issues (don't exist on consoles)
Few games of the type that end up on consoles (you can only take SO MUCH of yet another RTS or FPS)
Hard to find Japanese games, but when you do they are almost always H games...

I prefer to use my computer to "Make" games not play them (well, play something that I make perhaps) though I used emulators from time to time.
Bobtheduck

Postby MasterDias » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:45 pm

And so a thread comparing Sonic and Mario turns into a thread comparing gaming platforms...
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:54 am

Of course. It has reached the critical mass of four pages, which, according to the Laws of Forums, means that it must go off topic.
uc pseudonym

Previous

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews