No fancy title...Final Fantasy 7 part 2 is a reality now...read more

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Postby MasterDias » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:38 pm

Psycho Ann wrote:It seems prety legit to me, have you guys opened the links I provided at the end of page 1? Or is it a confirmed hoax I haven't heard about?

There's official art and when they start releasing official art then it's pretty much set.

That is the art to the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children DVD movie that's coming out, not an actual game.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:29 pm

Shatterheart, you said that you had information on an actual FFVII2, not Advent Children. I'm discussing this on another site, and any real information would be appreciated. Do you have a link?
uc pseudonym

Postby Razgriz » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:00 pm

No vid game, not anytime soon.

http://www.gameforms.com/news/?1014
Razgriz

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:38 pm

Masterdias: *slaps head* Duh! That's it, I'm outta here. XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Razgriz » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:30 pm

Huh? Did I miss something?
Razgriz

Postby Gremio » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:46 am

At a Tokyo Game Show press conference, Square Enix has officially stated that there will not be a video game remake of Final Fantasy VII. The possibility of such a remake has been a popular rumor for some time, but it looks like the only new FF7 content gamers can enjoy in the near future is the 2004 movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Oh well....since I subscribe to the beggers cant be choosers philosophy, Advent Children will be good enough.

Gremio

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile

Postby SenseiPenPen » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:13 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Its confirmed now man...go to FFonline.com. Anyway...as for the Cloud Sephiroth thing...they had a bond in FF7...which is why its very very likely Sep will be back...

I just don't think Cloud was capable of actually killing Sephiroth. That part's always seemed shady to me.
"How can I ever save the world /on cup-o-soup and student loans?" - Five Iron Frenzy, "Where the Zero Meets the Fifteen"
SenseiPenPen

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:22 pm

Disappointing, but thank you for telling me. Now just to wait for Advent Children.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shadow Bee » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:41 pm

yeah
disapointing

I'm back! Yay for me!

Image Best Wishes, Shadow Bee
Shadow Bee

Postby Stephen » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:06 am

Hmm...i am quite annoyed with GMR that mag I get from EB. Seems there article was total crap. Sad...oh well, just makes me look like an idiot. Theres always the PS3 im sure there will be a FF7-2...there is money to be made.
Stephen

Postby Saint » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:16 am

True. I would have loved FFVII-2, but the movie looks like its gonna be real good. With my old comp i am forced to use as of late it is hard to tell if the FFVII A.C. clip is going slow or if it is just my comp. Still i love that clip watch it over and over. So like who is that in the wheel chair... is that who people think could possibly be Aeris? Maybe if i watch it just one more time... hehe. ;)
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:02 am

Shatterheart wrote:there is money to be made.

The greatest argument that there will be a FFVII2. Ever. Or for just about anything involving any industry.
uc pseudonym

Postby Razgriz » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:14 pm

We'll just have to see what kind of profit AC makes. I don't think they could afford another dissapointment for quite sometime.
Razgriz

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:23 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Hmm...i am quite annoyed with GMR that mag I get from EB. Seems there article was total crap. Sad...oh well, just makes me look like an idiot. Theres always the PS3 im sure there will be a FF7-2...there is money to be made.

Oh, THAT is what they said that was off in left field..

Anyhow, It is sort of like Nintendo's reports of Secret of Mana 2 (Seiken Densetsu 3 which only made it here on a "pirate chip" ) and the nintendo 64 Final Fantasy game, and the N64DD, and the Earthbound game for N64DD and Mario RPG 2 and... well, the list goes one... false reports abound in that mag.

The most amazing and unbelieveable things I ever saw on NP was Sonic on the Cover... That was a day that game players never imagined would happen... Especially hardcore sega fans who thougt nintendo would die before their precious sega...

But that's way off subject...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:29 am

I get all my video game news from The Onion. They've never done me wrong.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:14 pm

OKAY what i read in magazines and IGN is that it's NOT a sequal but a Movie... and that currently it's only 10% done...
Fsiphskilm

Postby Stephen » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:12 pm

Go to FFonline for up to date info on it...just join the forums and go in...its all over the place.
Stephen

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:37 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I get all my video game news from The Onion. They've never done me wrong.

ROFLMAO!

The irony here is toooooooo much!
Mithrandir

Postby Saint » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:12 pm

What i just read in GI mag. was like we all know the movie. They were saying that it could be possible that it would be released with FF7 and bought as a set for the PS2. Who knows if that is true, but if it is... I wonder if they would update the graphics to FFX quality???
Saint

Postby MasterDias » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:10 pm

Saint wrote:What i just read in GI mag. was like we all know the movie. They were saying that it could be possible that it would be released with FF7 and bought as a set for the PS2. Who knows if that is true, but if it is... I wonder if they would update the graphics to FFX quality???

That would be quite a bit of work.

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:02 pm

oldphilosopher wrote:ROFLMAO!

The irony here is toooooooo much!

Hey. Somebody got it. Thanks, oldphilosopher. I had actually thought it was pretty funny.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:52 pm

lol. And since the other thread is CLOSED, I'll post the reply here. I realize that the FF series (and anime in general) have a tendency to overdraw swords, but COME ON! (See the 2nd pic in COs thread). :)
Mithrandir

Postby Gypsy » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:05 pm

:sweat: Yeah, creative artistic license at it's best.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:08 pm

Here's CO's post so you don't have to go skipping around for the link:

First off some people have said that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is a game continuation of FFVII well they are wrong. FFVII AC is a DVD movie and will be based on FFVII. It is not a continuation at all. Although somethings will be added in for Cinematic effect, it will basically be FFV in a Dvd form. Sorry to disapoint anyone, but my research has been very persistent and I have found this as the case. There will never be a FVII part 2 as far as I can find. I have attached a couple screen shots from the movie & you can find more at:

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7ac/ff7acss.html

Sorry fellow FFVII fans it's just a movie ... for now...

-CWP
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Savior_Sora » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:25 pm

There won't be a game made. The only sequal is gonna be the movie...Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It takes place 2 years after FFVII leaves off. Cloud and Sephiroth come back and I can offer a few pics. It'll be released worldwide in summer 2004.
Savior_Sora

Postby Saint » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:57 pm

Regardless of what the future holds... Anyhow, i have been playing the game agian. there is a lot of stuff i had forgotten about. Even to be so old its a great game. Also the scenes that seem to be just ripped from the game have been improved upon.
(i also found the code to get to the debug room in the game... so i am going around with Cloud and Sephiroth in my team. ;)).
Saint

Postby MasterDias » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:24 pm

Saint wrote:Also the scenes that seem to be just ripped from the game have been improved upon.

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about? What have the scenes been improved for?

MasterDias

Postby Saint » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:46 pm

Oh, i just meant like the one with Sephiroth walking away from the screen into the flames. Until i recently played through that part agian on the game, i thought it was exactly like in the game... but i was wrong. (i guess for those of us that have better memories this would have been a given.. hehe, so sorry. my memory is horrible).
Saint

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:14 pm

AC sephy looks a bit more amanoish than PS1 sephy... You know, with the dead skin look like The CG of the FFVI characters... (locke, celes, terra, setzer, and especially Kefka)

Which reminds me... For those who have played Anthology, is Edgar... oh man, what is it called in Dune... Blue within Blue eyes... His eyes sorta glowed...

Sephy in the PS1 FF7 had a bit more, shall we say, life to him than the new one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Michael » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:40 pm

I think he looks pretty evil. Good thing Vicious is there too.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Previous Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews