Soni vs. Mario

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Sonic vs. Mario

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:21 pm

who would win in a fight Sonic or Mario??

I say SONIC
Solid Ronin

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:24 pm

woops i ment Sonic on the topic
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:26 pm

Well, they exist in different games, so the question really is pretty pointless. It would depend on who was writing the script for the fight.

That said, I'm now going to go overboard.

Sonic has the speed factor, and Super Sonic, which would blow Mario away. Beyond that, though, you have to admit that he's pretty weak. I mean, without rings he can't do much.

Mario can jump. That's always a plus. And he's able to take more damage. It isn't like his running speed is actually that much lower than Sonic's (though he is obviously slower). Furthermore, he's got fireballs, as well as an assortment of other power up items. I mean, even Super Sonic would have his hands full if Mario got a star...
uc pseudonym

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:36 pm

Mario would have his hands full if Soinc got a hold of one of those boxes that make him invincible for a while? AND IM WRITIN THE SCRIPT jk lol no one is writen anything this battle is based on powers and what not?
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:50 pm

I'm just pointing out that the only way they could ever fight is in some sort of bizarre cross-over. And it would have to be written by somebody.

Also, we should consider just the general quality of both characters. I'm pretty sure Mario has more games. And he has an RPG. If he gets his rpg powers, I think he'd win hands down. I mean, the ability to level up and get stronger is just too much for your typical platformer.
uc pseudonym

Postby Shinja » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:13 pm

ive sean this disgusion before on another board, and we detrmined that since mario can never really be killed he must be a highlander and so sonic would eventully fall, cause all he has is speed.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Zal-Utaon III » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:36 pm

Intresting i remember this going on around the time of the Sonic Hoax in SuperSmash brothers. There was tons of iction and fake screen shots, showing either winning.

Mario would deffenatly win, oviously hes been in 2+ fighting games, and a RPG, making him violent and insane.
From hes many games he could be consitered to have more experiance. And does sonics speed really matter when hes running form a ...
Flyin Raccon, Frog, Mushroom, Fireball throwing, Capeweilding, Dinosaur riding... Italian. :lol:
"Gha Bah Glab.. Bah Bah ha.. The Foolish Samurai" -Aku
Zal-Utaon III

Postby Nia-chan » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:23 pm

I say sonic because I really like blue talking hedgehogs that...that... I dunno, I just like him better! ^_^'
Nia-chan

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:54 pm

I think it depends on which company would last longer--Nintendo or Sega. Don't ask me what my logic is behind that. ^_^;
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Link Antilles » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:10 pm

YOSHI!!!!!

Seriously, Mario. He's got a lot more experience and power. Sonic just has speed.
Link Antilles

Postby MasterDias » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:31 pm

I'd say Mario because.... uh....
well, I've always been more of a Mario fan. :sweat: Although Sonic does have some cool powers...
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Gypsy » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:46 pm

I'm with Sonic on this one. I'll take the spiky-headed, blue hedgehog with an attitude the size of *grins* Texas over a dorky, Italian plumber any day.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:02 pm

But he's a dorky, Italian plumber in suspenders!
uc pseudonym

Postby Shinja » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:23 pm

if its one thing ive learned from tv its you never mess with an old fat italian with much experiance with takeing care of buisness. not to mention he keeps everything in the family. isnt that right louigi :lol:
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:42 am

Speak as though will. You know, Gypsy's comment just reinforces what I was saying before: it all depends on who's writing. Because it will boil down to which one you think is cooler.
uc pseudonym

Postby Zal-Utaon III » Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:17 pm

Mario has to win. he has guns... muh hehehe te hehe :cool:
"Gha Bah Glab.. Bah Bah ha.. The Foolish Samurai" -Aku
Zal-Utaon III

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:47 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Speak as though will. You know, Gypsy's comment just reinforces what I was saying before: it all depends on who's writing. Because it will boil down to which one you think is cooler.

That's very true, but we know Mario would still win! ;)
Link Antilles

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:13 pm

They'd start fighting....then Vicious would jump in and kill them both! Bwahaha!

Seriously though. Sonic. Ever see Hiei in Yu-Yu Hakusho. :brow:
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby CobaltAngel » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:08 am

Sonic!!! Sonic all the way! SEGA RULEZ!
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby shamanking343 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:27 am

sonic defentialy sonic
I AM THE WAY INTO THE DOLEFUL CITY
I AM THE WAY INTO ETERNAL GRIEF,
I AM THE WAY TO A FORSAKEN RACE.
JUSTICE IT WAS THAT MOVED MY GREAT CREATOR;
DIVINE OMNIPOTENCE CREATED ME,
AND HIGHEST WISDOM JOINED WITH PRIMAL LOVE.
BEFORE ME NOTHING BUT ETERNAL THINGS
WERE MADE, AND I SHALL LAST ETERNALLY
ABANDON ALL HOPE, ALL YOU WHO ENTER

my website ^(^ :rock:
shamanking343

Postby LorentzForce » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:19 am

lets take the best of the both.

Sonic - Hyper Sonic. why did the programmers make him too good... oh yeah, you get Hyper Sonic when you get the Super Sonic and then play Sonic 3 AND Knuckles, and collect all those bigger emeralds. it's the best Sonic can do. and you get to see the special ending... all good :)

Mario - Get him a pair of powerwings and a star. now he can fly forever and ever, and he's got a star so only thing that can kill him is if he drowns or falls into a void. which i doubt would happen. and Mario can throw stuff too. fireballs too. hmm...

so after a *cough*detailed*cough* analysis, i conclude that they'll both die from falling in a void, after colloliding infinitely to each other, unable to damage one another. even if that'll take eternity, because both can fly forever. but in this case, since i doubt Mario can have continuous access to a star, he'll most likely fall to his doom first. then again, because he takes no damage from falls, it'll be all good. he'll probably go camping in a pipe, and throw fireballs randomly. who knows, maybe Sonic will get hit once...
LorentzForce

Postby Niko » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:39 am

guys, to be honest, hedgehogs aren't blue or red or white, they don't run fast and they aren't spiky (sonic the porqupine?) and plumbers don't throw fireballs and jump 15 feet high w/o a spring board. I'd look at the facts. The only sonic games they make are anthologies now while mario is still enjoying new games (granted I wouldn't count mario tennis or golf but i really like the Snes version of mario cart) Sonic's original franchise Sega, only make games now( not consoles). While mario's franchise Nintendo is still in competition. Any ideas on where the word nintendo came from btw?
Niko

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:21 pm

Well, I suppose that's one way to look at it. I think everyone here was considering the characters themselves. Since when does fact have any bearing on video games?
uc pseudonym

Postby Zilch » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:41 pm

Hey CGAers, jus' guess what I'm going to say...

Mario is a pansy!Pansy!Pansy!Pansy!

Yeah, Sonic whoops butt.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Zilch » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:44 pm

Oops! Sorry if using that word offended anyone! I need to watch that.

But, to answer your question, Flicko, I mean Niko, Nintendo is the name of a card company in Japan from the late 1800's.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:16 am

hmm... wait, let me get that Book of Gaming Wisdom... i should have memorised its contents, but my brain isn't functional. at all.

the book doesn't say where it comes from. but Nintendo was previously a trading-card company. they just decided to make Famicom, which then was renamed later to Nintendo Entertainment System.
LorentzForce

Postby shooraijin » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:57 am

LorentzForce wrote:the book doesn't say where it comes from. but Nintendo was previously a trading-card company. they just decided to make Famicom, which then was renamed later to Nintendo Entertainment System.

Don't forget that before the NES, they were responsible for minor and completely unknown arcade efforts like the rarely-seen Donkey Kong and the quite unusual Mario Bros. ;)

My inner geek is showing again, but if you compare DK and MB against the way the NES was built, there's not much similarity. Both DK and MB are Z80 based machines IIRC with unique internal graphics systems, and the NES was based on a knockoff of the venerable, much-beloved 6502 (smiles dreamily) with its own unique graphics subsystem. The SNES continues this with the 65816, which is a 16-bit 6502 also found in the Apple IIgs and the CMD SuperCPU accelerator for the 64, but I digress majorly. I'm tired, see.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:22 am

conclusively, for the most of people, all it matters is that it played games and it played them good.

ahh, the days when Nintendo was king of the hill until Sony with their PS1 came along.
LorentzForce

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:24 pm

Just on the topic of the systems: I recently read an article in my town paper about all three next generation consules. The guy basically said that Gamecube and PS2 were completely worthless and that the Xbox rocked. Xbox aside, this still annoyed me just a bit. Note the follow arguments:

1. There's more to games than just graphics.
2. Final Fantasy
3. Super Smash Brothers Melee
uc pseudonym

Postby CobaltAngel » Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:32 pm

LOL, I don't have a PS2 or an Xbox, so I'm not one to compare...

Anyway, I'm always liked Sega the best, maybe its because Nintendo is too mainstream for my liking...
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Next

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews