Christian games in Wired Magazine

Have a video game or or VG review? This is the place to to discuss it! We also accept discussions of board games and the like, but SHHH! Don't tell anyone, OK?

Christian games in Wired Magazine

Postby Gypsy » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:21 pm

Lookie what I found. It's approach is highly sarcastic, but I still thought it was nice to see some breakthrough. (Sorry for the loading time :sweat: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shooraijin » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:04 pm

They had a couple Christian titles in PC Gamer's "10 Weirdest Games of all Time" a while back. Guess they were trying to imply something ... :sweat:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby righteous_slave » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:11 pm

Very sarcastic, but as it has been said, there is no such thing as bad press.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:14 pm

Well, it's good to see, but I'm more saddened than anything. As you said, it felt highly sarcastic. You say that was in "Wired?" Hm. I didn't quite expect that of them. Ah well.
uc pseudonym

Postby Matthew » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:16 pm

:eyebrow: Jesus, playing... Video games!?! I have to re-think my life! *Walks off saying "Video games ARE good!"*
"To all our brothers and sisters in Africa and around the world who are being persecuted and put to death for thier faith, I have something to say to you and to you the meaning will not be lost, 'Love Wins!'"

[font=Verdana]Belong. Become. Be Used.[/font]
Matthew

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:19 pm

If you think Jesus never did anything fun in His life, you probably have some issues with your hermaneutic. I'm not so sure if He lived in this time He wouldn't ever play video games. There's question, of course, what he would play.
uc pseudonym

Postby Matthew » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:06 pm

Sorry, I was just working off the "sarcastic" thing. Next time i'll be more careful :dizzy: :thumb:
"To all our brothers and sisters in Africa and around the world who are being persecuted and put to death for thier faith, I have something to say to you and to you the meaning will not be lost, 'Love Wins!'"

Matthew

Postby Technomancer » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:06 pm

You know, in the Infancy Gospel of Thomas they have him making songbirds out of mud when he was a child (not at all canonical, but it presents an interesting image).

1 This little child Jesus when he was five years old was playing at the ford of a brook: and he gathered together the waters that flowed there into pools, and made them straightway clean, and commanded them by his word alone. 2 And having made soft clay, he fashioned thereof twelve sparrows. And it was the Sabbath when he did these things (or made them). And there were also many other little children playing with him.

3 And a certain Jew when he saw what Jesus did, playing upon the Sabbath day, departed straightway and told his father Joseph: Lo, thy child is at the brook, and he hath taken clay and fashioned twelve little birds, and hath polluted the Sabbath day. 4 And Joseph came to the place and saw: and cried out to him, saying: Wherefore doest thou these things on the Sabbath, which it is not lawful to do? But Jesus clapped his hands together and cried out to the sparrows and said to them: Go! and the sparrows took their flight and went away chirping. 5 And when the Jews saw it they were amazed, and departed and told their chief men that which they had seen Jesus do.

The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:54 am

Yeah, I know it was sarcasm, Matthew. I'm just making a point.

The picture of Jesus playing video games is funny.
uc pseudonym

Postby Matthew » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:58 pm

Oh? Ok... I'll just go put my foot in my mouth now.

Matthew

Return to Video Games and VG Reviews