Quitting my job

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Quitting my job

Postby Lynna » Wed May 11, 2016 1:03 pm

Hello everyone!

First of all, I'm sorry I never gave an update on my Japan prayer thread. My trip went really well, thank you so much for your prayers!

After I got back, I started looking for work, and eventually found a job at a coffee shop. There were red flags right from the beginning, but the couple running the place is very young, and I decided to give it a try on the chance it was all due to inexperience. After five weeks, I'm still not sure why exactly they can't seem to do their jobs as managers, but whatever the reason, I think it's time to leave. I will be handing in my notice today, and I'm going to try to be as gracious as possible.

What I'm worried about is getting all my wages. I finally got a paycheck yesterday, but it's not actually a proper paycheck, with my hours, rate of pay, deductions, relevant dates. and I've tried figuring out what days it's actually for, but it's not entirely clear (I'm going to go through some more precise calculations if my bosses fail to just tell me the information.) One of my roommates has offered to support me if I need to go to the labour board about it, but obviously, I would prefer not to.

Although they seem to be relatively nice people, they have been a little manipulative, and I'm worried that they'll show their true colours once they know I'm not staying with them.

I also have a job interview next Tuesday, at a place I've been trying to get my foot in the door for weeks!

So, prayers would be appreciated. Thank you very much!
Lynna

Re: Quitting my job

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:04 pm

I'll be praying for your wages, and for the job interview. Hope all goes well!
mysngoeshere56

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 17, 2016 2:25 am

Praying, Lynna. Hope all goes well!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Lynna » Thu May 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Thank you so much!

Unfortunately, the interview didn't go so well. It didn't go badly, per se, but the interviewer expressed a lot of doubts about me, which I tried to defend myself against, but unfortunately my default is to consider doubts, rather than deny them. He basically concluded that I am still up for consideration, but he had five more people to interview, so I feel like in the end, it's a door God has closed for me.

Handing in my notice went pretty good, thank you! It is unfortunate that he did end up asking me if I'd found another job, and I was kind of nervous and things, so I said yes >_< but oh well. Besides that, they didn't seem too upset. However, although they assured me that I would get my next paycheck, they have yet to contact me about it, so we shall see.

I'm going to meet with an employment advisor on Monday, and continue to work on applying places and my resume. I have started to consider, though, that maybe I should go back to McDonald's. It wasn't my ideal job, but they actually paid me a little more than minimum wage, and at least the managers knew how to do their job! I would rather find a new place, but I am considering that maybe that's where God wants me.

Thank you!
Lynna

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed May 25, 2016 4:05 am

Still praying, Lynna! God will show you where He wants you.
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Prayer Room