About my boy friend...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

About my boy friend...

Postby Jigzy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:11 pm

My boy friend told me that he has rectal bleeding and its been going on for a couple of years now for him. The bleeding has increased over the years. He just now recently got it checked into though. He didn't have any health insurance or anything a couple of years ago thats why he had to wait up until now. So, far he said it's not hemorrhoids, but could have something to do with his Colin and he might get a test done on that for the Colin, whatever the Colin test is called, but he's already gotten some other tests done that he's waiting on. He said he does not know if he could have a really bad disease or what. He said he wasn't sure when I asked him if it might turn out bad. Anyway, I posted this to ask what do you think could be wrong with him? Do you think it'll end up being something really bad? I mean if someone has rectal bleeding it never means anything good and its probably most likely something deadly? Or most of the time anyway? What do you think? Do all rectal bleeding problems end up turning into deadly diseases or what kind of diseases could this turn out to be? Please someone help me and if my my boy friend ends up dying from this. I'm gonna be a terrible mess. I just love him so much and I totally feel like he's so perfect for me. No one has ever treated me as well as he does...Maybe its just not meant for us to be together though is it? Now, I'm about to cry :sniffle:

Please everyone also pray for him that it does not turn out to be anything too serious. I'm really needing someone to help comfort me right now too :sniffle:
Jigzy

Postby Nate » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:22 pm

There are many different causes to rectal bleeding and it's kinda pointless to speculate at the moment until he gets more tests. However not all causes are deadly, and the problem doesn't "turn into" a disease. That's like saying a cough can "turn into" the flu, either the flu virus is in your body or it isn't, but the coughing can't cause it.

You're overreacting at the moment. Calm down a bit. You don't know the cause and even if you did it isn't an immediate death sentence. I understand it's upsetting, but you can't do anything about it at the moment so relax.

Sorry. I'm not very good at comforting. :\

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Jigzy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Nate (post: 1600248) wrote:There are many different causes to rectal bleeding and it's kinda pointless to speculate at the moment until he gets more tests. However not all causes are deadly, and the problem doesn't "turn into" a disease. That's like saying a cough can "turn into" the flu, either the flu virus is in your body or it isn't, but the coughing can't cause it.

You're overreacting at the moment. Calm down a bit. You don't know the cause and even if you did it isn't an immediate death sentence. I understand it's upsetting, but you can't do anything about it at the moment so relax.

Sorry. I'm not very good at comforting. :\

I know..I know..I shouldn't be all like this right now and I'm overreacting way too soon. I mean it'll be another week before he knows how these tests are going to turn out...but, still its just so scary thinking about it and waiting :(
Jigzy

Postby Atria35 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 am

Colon, not Colin. The test is a colonoscopy.

Annycase, what Nate said. While it seems strange, there are many non-dangerous reasons for rectal bleeding. Some people start bleeding just from eating too much spicy food. Praying that it's not serious, though, and hoping he'll be able to get some solid treatment.
Atria35

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:01 am

I understand how the waiting can be scary, but as Nate said, take a deep breath and relax.

Also, it's clear that you care about him, so I'd encourage you to be there with him in this, when the test results do come back. If you two are serious about being together in a relationship, then work through this together as a team, no matter what happens.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby shooraijin » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 pm

For something like that, the most likely cause is indeed haemorrhoids. It's correctable. I wouldn't panic; the more sinister causes are way down the list.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby MrKrillz0r » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Praying!
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Jigzy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:03 am

Atria35 (post: 1600273) wrote:Colon, not Colin. The test is a colonoscopy.

Annycase, what Nate said. While it seems strange, there are many non-dangerous reasons for rectal bleeding. Some people start bleeding just from eating too much spicy food. Praying that it's not serious, though, and hoping he'll be able to get some solid treatment.

Sorry for my spelling and yeah thats it, thats the test he said he might also get done.

I know I'm worrying way too soon. I mean cause, he's already starting to tell me that he's feeling weak and that just scares me to death even more. Yes, he does eat a whole bunch of spicy food. He loves it. So, hopefully thats the only reason and then that means he will only have to be careful and slack off eating so much spicy food and then he will get better? He's had this for a couple of years now though, but I suppose he would've died much sooner if it was really that deadly right? Although over the years its gotten worse since he wasn't able to afford getting it seen into until now. Thank you so much for having him in your prayers.
Jigzy

Postby Jigzy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:11 am

K. Ayato (post: 1600276) wrote:I understand how the waiting can be scary, but as Nate said, take a deep breath and relax.

Also, it's clear that you care about him, so I'd encourage you to be there with him in this, when the test results do come back. If you two are serious about being together in a relationship, then work through this together as a team, no matter what happens.

Yeah, I mean its gonna be a week until he gets the results from those other tests. I'm really trying to relax about it though, to pray and think positive.

I really do care about him, love him very much and am very seriously about him. I'm always giving my attention to him and when he needs me, cause he just really means a whole to me. No matter what I'll always support him when he needs it like this.
Jigzy

Postby Jigzy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:14 am

[quote="shooraijin (post: 1600374)"]For something like that, the most likely cause is indeed haemorrhoids. It's correctable. I wouldn't panic]

Well, we were hoping it was just going to be hemorrhoids, but he says its not that. I just really hope its not colon cancer or some other really bad deadly kind of disease.
Jigzy

Postby Jigzy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:15 am

MrKrillz0r (post: 1600383) wrote:Praying!

Thank you.
Jigzy

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:30 am

So am I. I know what it's like.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Xeno » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:56 am

Jigzy (post: 1600431) wrote:Well, we were hoping it was just going to be hemorrhoids, but he says its not that. I just really hope its not colon cancer or some other really bad deadly kind of disease.

Who is he? Your boyfriend or his doctor? This could easily be internal hemorrhoids. Your boyfriend wouldn't notice them like people typically would, but they still occur, and a colonoscopy would be the way to determine if he has that.

I wouldn't worry. If he had colon cancer there would be a number of other signs such as black tarry stool. Without that he probably does not have cancer, I would l know, that particular cancer runs in my families genetics and has claimed several family members throughout the years.
Xeno

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:46 am

Please just relax. My grandpa has colon cancer. It sucks 'cause he's up there in years, but he's still living. And even though age has caught up, he's still the same grandpa I remember when I was little.

So even if this is a diagnosis that your boyfriend will be stuck with for the rest of his life, that DOES NOT mean his life is over. I know it's not an easy thing to deal with, but you need to stop treating this like a death sentence.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Re:

Postby Jigzy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Xeno wrote:
Jigzy (post: 1600431) wrote:Well, we were hoping it was just going to be hemorrhoids, but he says its not that. I just really hope its not colon cancer or some other really bad deadly kind of disease.

Who is he? Your boyfriend or his doctor? This could easily be internal hemorrhoids. Your boyfriend wouldn't notice them like people typically would, but they still occur, and a colonoscopy would be the way to determine if he has that.

I wouldn't worry. If he had colon cancer there would be a number of other signs such as black tarry stool. Without that he probably does not have cancer, I would l know, that particular cancer runs in my families genetics and has claimed several family members throughout the years.

I mean my boy friend told me that the doctor said that its not hemorrhoids, but if the doctor already told him that its not hemorrhoids then it probably isn't. Well, maybe he will get that test done as well and we can see if thats the problem, maybe some doctors make mistakes.

No, he didn't say anything about having a black tarry stool. He only told me that he saw blood. Thanks for telling me. I feel relieved for that now. I'm so sorry to hear about your family having it though.
Last edited by Jigzy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jigzy

Re:

Postby Jigzy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 pm

K. Ayato wrote:Please just relax. My grandpa has colon cancer. It sucks 'cause he's up there in years, but he's still living. And even though age has caught up, he's still the same grandpa I remember when I was little.

So even if this is a diagnosis that your boyfriend will be stuck with for the rest of his life, that DOES NOT mean his life is over. I know it's not an easy thing to deal with, but you need to stop treating this like a death sentence.

I've been trying to relax, but its just been tough. I'm so afraid of losing him. It scares me. Really? I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa having it. I'm glad to hear that he's still living and making it through it.

He got his test results back just recently and his doctor did not find anything wrong, but there must be something wrong or why would he be bleeding from there and for so long? My boy friend said that now he's going to go see a gastrologist about it . I'm hoping though that it still isn't anything serious and maybe it isn't since the doctor didn't find anything yet from all of those other tests.
Jigzy

Re: About my boy friend...

Postby Xeno » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:13 am

Does he eat a lot of fiber/take a fiber supplement like Metamucil? That may help if it's coming from some kind of constipation and he's bleeding from straining himself.
Last edited by Xeno on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xeno

Postby Jigzy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:19 am

Xeno wrote:Does he eat a lot of fiber/take a fiber supplement like Metamucil? That may help its coming from some kind of constipation and he's bleeding from straining himself.

Oh, I don't know and he never mentioned taking that. He never mentioned being constipated either.
Jigzy

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 am

What about food allergies?
K. Ayato

Postby Jigzy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 am

K. Ayato wrote:What about food allergies?

I think he may have some, but he stays away from any of those things that would harm him.
Jigzy

Postby akorecki1 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:49 pm

I am praying for him.
akorecki1

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:03 pm

I'll be keeping you both in my prayers.
TopazRaven

Postby Jigzy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:08 pm

akorecki1 wrote:I am praying for him.

Thank you.
Jigzy

Postby Jigzy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:11 pm

TopazRaven wrote:I'll be keeping you both in my prayers.

Thank you.
Jigzy

Update...

Postby Jigzy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:16 am

Well now my boy friend does say he has black stool when I talked to him but just a couple of days ago he said he didn't. Now I'm scared. It all changed just like that. Do you really think he's going to end up with Colin cancer? Although that is not what he said. He said he didn't think it was that and that it could be internal hemorrhoids or something not so serious. Do you really think so?
Jigzy

Postby Xeno » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:10 am

1. It's colon, not colin. Colin is a name.
2. We are not doctors. A real doctor that he is going to needs to make this diagnosis.

I would continue to urge you to not worry. Even if it turns out to be some kind of cancer, it is far more easily treated now than it was even 15 years ago.
Xeno

Postby Jigzy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:25 am

Xeno wrote:1. It's colon, not colin. Colin is a name.
2. We are not doctors. A real doctor that he is going to needs to make this diagnosis.

I would continue to urge you to not worry. Even if it turns out to be some kind of cancer, it is far more easily treated now than it was even 15 years ago.

Sorry I always have a problem with those two words. Its confusing.

He is going to get a colonoscopy pretty soon. I'm really worried and scared. I'm just hoping that it turns out okay.

I wonder if having black stool could come from anything else besides Colon cancer.
Jigzy

Postby Xeno » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:32 am

Quick search on WebMD shows black/tar-colored stool an indicate any if the following:
Indigestion
Indigestion is pain and burning in the upper abdomen, an feeling of fullness after a meal, belching, and gas.

Gastrointestinal bleeding
The symptoms of gastrointestinal bleeding include black or bloody stool or vomit, dizziness, and cramping.

Peptic ulcer
Peptic ulcers, sores in the lining of the stomach or upper intestine, cause abdominal pain, gas, and more.

Gastritis
Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining, causes stomach upset, irritation, and pain.

Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome is a common condition that causes painful spasms and cramping in the large intestine.

Gastroenteritis
Gastroenteritis is inflammation of the stomach and intestine that causes diarrhea and vomiting.

Medication reaction or side-effect
Medication side effects include nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, weakness, dizziness, seizures, and more.

Aspirin use
Side effects of taking aspirin include nosebleeds, bruises, stomach pain and upset, bloody vomit and more.

Helicobacter pylori infection
Helicobacter, bacteria in the digestive tract, causes peptic ulcers and their associated pain and burning.

Esophageal cancer
Esophageal cancer starts in the lining of the esophagus and can cause difficulty swallowing.

Pre-leukemia (myelodysplastic syndrome)
Myelodysplastic syndromes are diseases that affect the bone marrow and blood, causing anemia and tiredness.

Colon cancer
Colon cancer is often asymptomatic, but it can cause constipation, bowel obstruction, bloody stool and more.

Colon polyps
Colon polyps are growths that form in the lining of the colon, and can cause constipation, diarrhea and more.

Iron poisoning
Iron poisoning causes abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, and dehydration.

Thrombocytopenia
Thrombocytopenia causes bruising, frequent nosebleeds, and tiny red dots that look like a rash.

Taking iron supplements
Taking iron supplements can cause chest pain, headache, a metallic taste in your mouth, nausea, and more.

Taking Pepto-bismol (bismuth)
Side effects of medications with bismuth include black stool and a black tongue.

Esophageal varices
Esophageal varices occur when the veins in the lower part of your esophagus become swollen.

Blood clotting disorder
Blood clotting disorders increase the risk that dangerous blood clots will form in the body.

Generalized anxiety disorder
Generalized anxiety disorder is a condition in which a person has nearly constant anxiety.

Small intestine cancer
Small intestine cancer is rare and often has no symptoms, but can cause symptoms in its advanced stages.
Xeno

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 am

I would suggest going with him to his appointments if at all possible. That way both of you can ask questions and get some answers from a medical professional.
K. Ayato

Postby shooraijin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:26 pm

There are lots of things that can cause black stool, as Xeno listed. Cancer is on the list, but certainly not at the top. Many causes are innocuous.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Next

Return to Prayer Room