Prayer to be more enthusiastic and less fearful

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Prayer to be more enthusiastic and less fearful

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:18 pm

I know I already put up a prayer request yesterday, but this is kind of unrelated to that so I just decided to make a new thread. This is probably going to sound stupid, but I'd appreciate it if you guys could pray I'd be a more enthusiastic Christian and not always feel so depressed and fearful. More then anything though I'd like prayer as well for my family, friends and all the unsaved people in this world. I know I've talked about this before in the past and while I have gotten better over the past few months I think, I still get really upset when I think about all the people who will have to burn forever in hell. Especially when it comes to family and friends. Most of my friends are agnostic and some family members don't seem to care anymore about this sort of thing.

The thought of them in eternal torment keeps me up at night. I try to talk about God to them, but it either comes out wrong or I get scoffed at. My mother will in least go to church with me and talk about God sometimes, but I don't know yet if she has personally accepted Jesus as her savior or not. I don't know if she even prays or talks to God or anything. I've tried asking her before and she told me to stop being weird. She has a bit of a temper (as do I for that matter) and she'll yell at people if she gets mad or feels like she's being treated unfairly. I've been trying to tell her we need to in least try to be kinder to other people even if they treat us badly, but she tells me to stop trying to change her. It's all very frustrating, I don't want the people I love (or anyone really) to go to hell. I know I'm taking this to a human level, but I don't know how I could ever be happy in Heaven (if I even get there myself, I'm not a very good Christian) while the people I love suffer. Unless I forget all about them or something and that thought terrifies me just as much.

I feel like I'm complaining and being annoying so I'm just going to shut up now. Any prayer you could spare for my family and friends (and everyone who is unsaved) is very much appreciated. Thank you!
TopazRaven

Re: Prayer to be more enthusiastic and less fearful

Postby Hiryu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:15 pm

We are all given a choice to make about ourselves, and only we may choose. But don't stop being a witness to your fellow peers. It may be one day that they shall realize that they need Jesus. May God continue to work with you and those close to you.
Hiryu

Re: Prayer to be more enthusiastic and less fearful

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Whoa, I was really surprised seeing this pop up again since I made this last year. I was more then a little confused seeing this in the new posts section. :lol: For the most part this thread does not apply to me anymore as I have accepted my family and friend's life choices and trust God will do what is right and just for all of us once the time comes, but thank you anyway for the advice. I'll keep it in mind!
TopazRaven

Return to Prayer Room