If you could...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

If you could...

Postby inkhana » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:11 pm

Dad lost his job today. If you guys could pray that he finds a new one quickly and that my commission thing works out well so I can supplement the household income, that would be great.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:19 pm

Oh no! ; . ; Terrible...Man, I really hope he doesn't have to hunt, hunt, hunt...

And I hope your commission works out too :] That'd be cool.

I'll talk to ya soon!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Spencer » Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:28 pm

meep. sorry to hear that. He'll be in my prayers...
:)
Spencer

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:13 pm

Oh man, Inky....my heart beats with yours on this one. I will most definately be praying for you.
Ashley

Postby Saint » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. you can count on our prayers. hope your dads ok.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:22 pm

I'm so very sorry to hear that. :( Yeah, I'm trying to get a job, incase my dad loses his.

Your family will be in my prayers.
Link Antilles

Postby Rashiir » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:25 pm

Oh gosh! Will do.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Postby shooraijin » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:50 pm

Sure thing.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Technomancer » Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:38 pm

Of course.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Rev. Doc » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:41 am

I've got your family on my prayer list.

Inky?
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Lluvia » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:36 pm

Likewise, that's dreadful. -.- I hope to hear good updates on the circumstance soon.
"In time of trouble...He shall set me upon a rock." - Psalms 24:5
Lluvia

Postby Shinja » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:30 pm

wow i know what thats like ill be praying
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby DuelShocker3 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:30 am

Gee that's too bad Inky. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep us updated! :)
DuelShocker3

Postby inkhana » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:34 am

^^ Well, right now, my dad's gone to an interview with Walmart for a managerial position; more likely than not that will turn out well since he's spent his whole life in retail, a large chunk of which was actually with Walmart. (He got out a few years ago because he could make more money elsewhere.) So at the moment, we're doing all right; I just hope that we can supplement the income enough since he's applying for the position of assistant manager (which will eventually become manager, but he's been out of the company a while, so...) I'm not really concerned about the money though (God will provide).

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby LillyAngel » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:12 pm

Wow... I didn't read this until just now, but that's got to be tough. I'll pray for your family just in case the interview dosen't go that well.
Liana
LillyAngel

Postby cwp_otaku » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:55 am

Youch.. My dad had a lot of problems w/ his job a while ago so I know how it can be... I'll keep your family in my prayers.
-cwp
cwp_otaku

Postby Spiritsword » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:45 pm

I will pray for you and your dad, ink.
Spiritsword

Postby inkhana » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:04 pm

Everything's going great now! He got the job he wanted, and most likely, he'll supplement the little bit of income he lost with work he's doing on the internet. Thanks for the prayers guys!

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby shooraijin » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:10 pm

Excellent! :thumb:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Spencer » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:45 pm

Glad to hear it all worked well.
:)
Spencer

Return to Prayer Room