I'm growing up...

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

I'm growing up...

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey everybody!

So as some of you may or may not know, my mom and I have been in a season of great change these past several years. We've also faced major financial situations, but thanks to three things - my mom's second job, my financial aid with school, our generous friends who've donated money and/or gifts to help us out, and (most of all) the grace of God, we've been able to keep our house and get by on what we *need*. For that, I am very thankful.

However, we're about to face a period of more changes, as soon I will be able to graduate from my community college. I already know what university I will be attending, as it's in the area, and I will be automatically accepted with an Associate's degree from the community college that I'm attending. This alone is going to be a huge time of change, but more has come too. I've recently been offered a position to be an officer for Phi Theta Kappa (that's a college honor society if anybody doesn't know) at my college, which is an incredible honor. I've decided to accept the position, but it's also going to come with more responsibilities. I am feeling ready for this, though, as I already am good friends with all the officers and they've become like a family to me (aside from my mom and uncle, who are the only family I'm very close to, God, and my friends - some of which are on this very site! :) ).

Being an officer also means that I'm going to have to start spending more time away from home and more time at school to do office hours, which is going to be a bit awkward, as it's not what I'm used to. I've been invited to go out-of-town for a conference for a weekend in March, with all expenses paid by my Phi Theta Kappa chapter. This will be my first weekend away from home in quite a long time, so I'm nervous. But I realize now that this is part of growing up. If you all could pray for God's hand to be on my mom and I as we continue to seek Him and His will for our lives in this season, it will be incredibly appreciated. But I will still be *living* at home, and I'll be spending time on here too, so things won't be changing *too* drastically. :) I truly love this website and all the prayers and acceptance that I've found on here. Thank you all so much.
mysngoeshere56

Re: I'm growing up...

Postby anlptgtsg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 am

Just take it one day at the time. You be well adjusted in no time. Prayer lifted.
anlptgtsg

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Thank you for your prayer and advice. It's greatly appreciated. I guess taking things just one day at a time really is all there is that I can do, because that's pretty much all there is to do.

Oh! I also forgot to mention, I'm going to have to pick my degree program soon. I've been debating a few for a long time now, but I will definitely have to choose one once I get to the university. Please pray I know the choice to make.
mysngoeshere56

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Congrats. That's quite an honour.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Prayer Room