Letting Go

Make prayer requests or praise God in this forum. If you log out you make anonymous requests. However, your posts will be reviewed before they appear.

Letting Go

Postby xGuardian » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:11 am

I became emotionally attached to my friend (well used to be friend) .

You all know what I'm talking about, regarding my previous posts.
I hurt her, I hurt myself, I hurt friends and I've probably hurt Christ too (even though I never wanted to do either) .

I had to let go and it was the hardest thing I could ever do but I did it, part of me is gone for good but I knew it was for the best :sniffle:

I'm worried that'll never cope, I wanna do my best to be a good Christian, I've been a lousy one for years, I wanna try harder.
I can't heal alone but I hope my lord, my saviour will give me that extra boost.
xGuardian

Re: Letting Go

Postby Xeno » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 am

xGuardian wrote:part of me is gone for good

This concept really confuses me. I hear it get brought up quite often, not just by Christians, but generally by them. You can't lose parts of yourself. Well, technically you can if you have leprosy or gangrene or you cut off a body part and then misplaced it, but that's a different dynamic. When you're in relationship with someone there is "giving and taking" of each other, but if things go south and the thing ends, that person doesn't take part of you with them, and you aren't left missing a metaphorical arm. You may feel that way for a while for a number of reasons, but eventually you'll even out and be okay again.

Edit: Since you seem to like music (going by your Radiohead lyrics posting), here is a song that seems relatively fitting for your current situation: "Waiting..." - City and Colour.
Xeno

Return to Prayer Room